Buying a truck at the US auctioneer
01-23-2019, (Subject: Buying a truck at the US auctioneer ) 
Buying a truck at the US auctioneer
I was just wondering if anybody's ever bought a truck at the US auctioneer and Iowa what was the experience like? How was the equipment?
replyreply
RE: Buying a truck at the US auctioneer
(01-23-2019 )Favoriteliltrucker Wrote:  I was just wondering if anybody's ever bought a truck at the US auctioneer and Iowa what was the experience like? How was the equipment?

Never bought a truck from that particular auction. But I can tell you if you buy a truck from any auction, your rolling the dice. Don't expect to get a problem free truck.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack , Favoriteliltrucker , Waterloo
yep, several ....... I have always found they took more work than I thought ....and cost more than I planned? but in general I feel I came out better?????? but .....I'm just a dumb lumberjack .....

You have to be comfortable with your mechanical abilities ......if you buy an unknown truck at an auction and send it to a shop to make repairs????? you'll probably lose any advantage you had.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Favoriteliltrucker
(01-23-2019 )imalumberjack Wrote:  yep, several ....... I have always found they took more work than I thought ....and cost more than I planned? but in general I feel I came out better?????? but .....I'm just a dumb lumberjack .....

You have to be comfortable with your mechanical abilities ......if you buy an unknown truck at an auction and send it to a shop to make repairs????? you'll probably lose any advantage you had.

If you don't mind me asking what are some of the equipment and prices you payed if you don't mind sharing that info?
replyreply
(01-23-2019 )Favoriteliltrucker Wrote:  
(01-23-2019 )imalumberjack Wrote:  yep, several ....... I have always found they took more work than I thought ....and cost more than I planned? but in general I feel I came out better?????? but .....I'm just a dumb lumberjack .....

If you don't mind me asking what are some of the equipment and prices you payed if you don't mind sharing that info?
I spend $20,000 to $100,000 a year at them, often you can search past auctions from a company to see what the going rate is? but what someone else paid for an item will have no relation to what you will pay ... I once seen a 1 year old running truck go for 8 thousand :-) there was a glitch in the computer and they stopped the auction after that sale for about an hour while they worked on it. Years ago I worked for two twins that loved auctions and there theory was to go when it was pouring rain or snow, the worse the weather the fewer bidders were there ...this was before internet bidding. Do your research, go and physically look at what your wanting to bid on ....and lastly ..when your at an auction the auctioneer knows his job and that is to get his client the highest dollar possible and they are good at it ...they will make you feel like crap for not bidding that next highest bid!!! I go and look then I bid from a computer that way I do not get into winning at all cost? set a budget and when its exceeded walk away! auctions are funny ....junk will sell for a fortune and gold will go for a dime ....and there are a lot of people who make a living at it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
01-24-2019, (Subject: Buying a truck at the US auctioneer ) 
(01-23-2019 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
(01-23-2019 )Favoriteliltrucker Wrote:  

I spend $20,000 to $100,000 a year at them, often you can search past auctions from a company to see what the going rate is? but what someone else paid for an item will have no relation to what you will pay ... I once seen a 1 year old running truck go for 8 thousand :-) there was a glitch in the computer and they stopped the auction after that sale for about an hour while they worked on it. Years ago I worked for two twins that loved auctions and there theory was to go when it was pouring rain or snow, the worse the weather the fewer bidders were there ...this was before internet bidding. Do your research, go and physically look at what your wanting to bid on ....and lastly ..when your at an auction the auctioneer knows his job and that is to get his client the highest dollar possible and they are good at it ...they will make you feel like crap for not bidding that next highest bid!!! I go and look then I bid from a computer that way I do not get into winning at all cost? set a budget and when its exceeded walk away! auctions are funny ....junk will sell for a fortune and gold will go for a dime ....and there are a lot of people who make a living at it.
Thanks really appreciate your input!!!
replyreply
Watch this... Used Truck Buyer Beware, by Rawze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTu6cr1d1Lc
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Favoriteliltrucker
(01-24-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Watch this... Used Truck Buyer Beware, by Rawze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTu6cr1d1Lc
Thanks hey I watched that one before and the 4 with the young lady appreciate it. I'm currently reading the book he has downloaded on this website. Good information
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
02-02-2019, (Subject: Buying a truck at the US auctioneer ) 
I go there for the steak sandwiches!!!

Just do your homework, I would say aside from fleet trucks that are there most of the trucks there are there for a reason.

The day of auction all the trucks are running so you check them out and crawl all around them.

I bought a t800 last year for 20k then sold it for 36k. If you pay attention there are some deals.

If you know your way around a truck and are mechanical you can usually tell if a truck is a turd, alot of times equipment comes with matainace records which is helpful.

Its a no reserve auction, which is good and bad.

The people that run it are awesome to deal with. Get paid within 2 weeks if you sell. And when you buy, If you pay with a cert letter from a bank or cash you take the title home with you when you leave.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.