Used actuators
01-24-2019, (Subject: Used actuators ) 
Used actuators
Thinking about buying four used actuators with 300,000 miles on them for $150 apiece. Would you?
replyreply
RE: Used actuators
Nosir. I wouldnt.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(01-24-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Nosir. I wouldnt.

Too many miles, too much money, or just not a good idea?
replyreply
01-25-2019, (Subject: Used actuators ) 
Im assuming your talking about timing\metering actuators on a cm8xx.

How can you verify they only have 300,000? There are to many way to fudge mileages. I'd be tempted to have a good look at them. But $150 is still to high of a price for me to take the risk of the unknown. Maybe $100 and a no questions full $$ back guarantee.

I look at it this way. I bought my truck with 750,000 and original actuators ran it to a million before I replaced them. That's 750,000 miles of unknown care and they were fine. Rawze ran his over a million. So as long as they check out after a very close teardown and inspection I don't see why they wouldn't perform for a good long time with good care and proper fuel filtration.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo , Mrkentee
01-25-2019, (Subject: Used actuators ) 
Mine have almost 940,000. Just being proactive. And I have that mystery little vibration under torque that I wanted to switch out a couple and see if it made a difference.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.