Dash cams what are your thoughts on this
01-27-2019, (Subject: Dash cams what are your thoughts on this ) 
RE: Dash cams what are your thoughts on this
I didn't mean to hijack this thread. I just wanted to add my two cents about dash cams and how I use video recording in my operation.

Buuut....

Rawzes' idea is good because you could carry it in all Continental 48 states. But it has the unwelcomed side effect of blinding the person that pulled the trigger too. Leaving yourself in a very impaired situation probably unable to drive so you cant get yourself away from whatever the situation at hand is. That's not to say I don't have something very similar within reaching distance. I've already exposed myself to a handful of pepper sprays just so I know what it's going to be like if I ever have to use it.

Waterloo, back when I was younger and didn't know any better I kept my peashooter in the truck also. But then a few years later I learned that three states that surround my home state will lock you away for 2 years mandatory minimum for even having it on you or in the vehicle. NY, NJ and Baltimore, MD. Those laws need to change but until they do I've done fairly well and stayed out of trouble by just being Street smart, keeping my head on a swivel, parking in places that I can get out of easily or at very least get help quickly and being aware of everything and everyone going on around me. Naivety will get you rolled robbed or killed in some of the hellholes we go to.

Snailexpress, anything having to do with possible lethality and premeditation is probably gonna wind you up in a world of prison or at very least, the spear tip of fighting charges in those exact states I mentioned plus many others. Be careful with such setups.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I am with you Chamber... I now have a license to carry concealed, and stay out of those states that you mentioned, no matter what it is paying. But, times are a bit nicer now, I cannot really name a spot I go that I have felt like I did twenty, thirty years ago in regards to my safety, that is a good thing. But, my head is always on a swivel, and I do watch my surroundings, like a hawk. And I do not go looking for trouble, I know when to keep my mouth shut and avoid situations that could escalate. I have nothing to prove.

And to add, just in case, I do carry firearm insurance, I use these guys... https://www.usconcealedcarry.com

It is worth the piece of mind in case I ever, God forbid, have to use my firearm.
replyreply
(01-27-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I am with you Chamber... I now have a license to carry concealed, and stay out of those states that you mentioned, no matter what it is paying. But, times are a bit nicer now, I cannot really name a spot I go that I have felt like I did twenty, thirty years ago in regards to my safety, that is a good thing. But, my head is always on a swivel, and I do watch my surroundings, like a hawk. And I do not go looking for trouble, I know when to keep my mouth shut and avoid situations that could escalate. I have nothing to prove.

And to add, just in case, I do carry firearm insurance, I use these guys... https://www.usconcealedcarry.com

It is worth the piece of mind in case I ever, God forbid, have to use my firearm.

I could be mistaken but I think being a member of the NRA gives you legal protection as well.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(01-27-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(01-27-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I am with you Chamber... I now have a license to carry concealed, and stay out of those states that you mentioned, no matter what it is paying. But, times are a bit nicer now, I cannot really name a spot I go that I have felt like I did twenty, thirty years ago in regards to my safety, that is a good thing. But, my head is always on a swivel, and I do watch my surroundings, like a hawk. And I do not go looking for trouble, I know when to keep my mouth shut and avoid situations that could escalate. I have nothing to prove.

I could be mistaken but I think being a member of the NRA gives you legal protection as well.

Yes, the NRA has a similar program, but it is not free if you are just a member, you have to join that specific group. But, the democrat party has attacked that particular arm of the NRA... To much drama over there due to that. USCCA, so far is the best bet for the money. They gave me a list of local attorneys, I called the one I picked, so I can say, so far so good.

The NRA is a bit like OOIDA... Enough said.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Roysbigtoys
01-28-2019, (Subject: Dash cams what are your thoughts on this ) 
I use this Camera got from https://www.blackboxmycar.com/
I was a Company Driver until Camera showed up with new trucks, left Company and years later I wanted to help protect myself from Idiot's .
Price for all out the door $579 Peace of mind for credible witness "PRICELESS"

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
01-28-2019, (Subject: Dash cams what are your thoughts on this ) 
I bought the falcon 4 camera wired system for 529.00 with the 3 year warranty
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.