Air in DAVCO
01-06-2020, (Subject: Air in DAVCO ) 
RE: Air in DAVCO
Don't worry about small air bubbles in Davco. Air going up water is down engine fuel from the middle. This is how water separator designed to work.
Waterloo posted some misinformation, Davco is first device on the fuel line from the tanks. Fuel lift pump pulls fuel thru Davco not pushes. So no cavitation can be created. I fixed my air bubbles with new O-rings on the fuel equalization valve and Davco intake side.
Quick connect fittings are sucks.
replyreply
Next chance I get to get into shop the truck is getting all aeroquip lines if possible just on suction if fuel splitter has threaded Ports if not then new splitter and both suction and return will be aeroquip

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Run a clear hose from the Davco to the inlet on the ifsm and check how much air is entering the ifsm , those tiny bubbles combine when the gear pump is pulling fuel. Seen lots where half the Fuel line was air . Isx Fuel system being a pressure timed system cannot handle air and I’ve seen big Fuel milage losses because of those Davco units leaking air
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Waterloo
(01-06-2020 )AussieISX Wrote:  Run a clear hose from the Davco to the inlet on the ifsm and check how much air is entering the ifsm , those tiny bubbles combine when the gear pump is pulling fuel. Seen lots where half the Fuel line was air . Isx Fuel system being a pressure timed system cannot handle air and I’ve seen big Fuel milage losses because of those Davco units leaking air

What is the cure for the above? A new Davco unit?
replyreply
I haven’t found the problem with the leaking units, a new one has solved the issue, but on my own truck I replaced it with a filter head that accepts a fleetgaurd fs1000 . But I you need to weld a pick up pipe to the filter head or mount it upside down. Any filter head mounted in the traditional manor has a head of air above the Fuel in the bottom of the filter and also supplies more air than fuel
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.