suggestion on a tool
01-28-2019, (Subject: suggestion on a tool ) 
suggestion on a tool
Hello, I have cuple of cummins isx and recently had a problem with one of them. It probably lift pump or something else. I want to have some tools to measure pressure and maybe vacuum. Would you suggest any tools i could buy to connect and run tests like those listed on Quickserve. They suggest using original Cummins, but maybe there is some alternatives? Thanks
replyreply
01-28-2019, (Subject: suggestion on a tool ) 
RE: suggestion on a tool
on mine on the low pressure side its just a regular quick connector and for a gauge just make sure it will go at least 20-30 percent above what your measuring. DO NOT TRY TO MEASURE RAIL PRESSURE!!!!!!!! Vacuum? there are those also ....its more of getting the right fittings.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin
01-29-2019, (Subject: suggestion on a tool ) 
You didn't mention which isx's you have.
replyreply
(01-29-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You didn't mention which isx's you have.

one cm 870 and the other cm 871 , maybe later i will have other. I thought the pressure fuel tools will be the same engines, but only differ in connection
replyreply
I use same as what I used on CAT as far as truck side ( most are same but every once in a while you get an odd ball coupler) then I have several different gauges that I use depending on pressure I expect to see.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin
It's called a compucheck fitting, you can buy the gauges with the right fitting from OTC tools
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin , DSTdriver
(01-29-2019 )ynot Wrote:  It's called a compucheck fitting, you can buy the gauges with the right fitting from OTC tools
they have different PSI . Is 300 enough or I need more?
replyreply
On an 570/870/871 300psi is plenty, depending where you connect will give different readings these videos should help with your troubleshooting

https://youtu.be/HvvFElrc5ak
https://youtu.be/_WeiDC6S8Lw
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Konstantin , DSTdriver

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.