Picking up my new X15 tomorrow
01-31-2019, (Subject: Picking up my new X15 tomorrow ) 
RE: Picking up my new X15 tomorrow
(01-30-2019 )marek4792 Wrote:  I know Unilever has done some x15's the only concern about the weed burner I would have is it probably will be loud as heck after a demandate.

I have a weed burner, 2008 ProStar, comes right out the side. Not really that much difference in sound that I could hear at idle, the cans tend to do a good job muffling any increase that one would think there would be. I cannot hear the exhaust going down the road either, unless I have the windows open going under a bridge or through a tunnel. I think it sounds pretty good in those cases, not really that loud. Not like a straight piped Pete, not even close.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , mj9770
01-31-2019, (Subject: Picking up my new X15 tomorrow ) 
Ah okay cool because I was expecting it to be loud like a true straight pipe, but that makes me feel abit better now considering I'll soon be getting an x15 with a weed burner as well.
replyreply
02-01-2019, (Subject: Picking up my new X15 tomorrow ) 
(01-30-2019 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Last glider I did we ordered the adz. Far superior the air track. Better ride and no axle hop or wrap off-road too

Do they ride anywhere near as good as the low air leaf or flex air?

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
I also got the air ride front end and it rides great! I’m having some trouble getting the dual leveling valves working just right. Have been told I can just go to one.

User's Signature: 2008 KWT800 CM570 18spd 4.10’s
replyreply
(02-01-2019 )mj9770 Wrote:  I also got the air ride front end and it rides great! I’m having some trouble getting the dual leveling valves working just right. Have been told I can just go to one.

I have experimented with all sorts of things including only using one leveling valve in the front of my air-ride system. -- Conclusion: Not a good idea to use only one leveling valve.

Set the height on each side separately by measuring the distance from the bottom of the frame rail on each side to a decent flat shop floor. both sides should be the same height off the floor.

After you get it where you want it,.. take a paint marker and mark the front shocks on both sides so that you can see if one side or the other gets out of adjustment when doing your inspections.

Some things that you can do that will benefit you if you have front air bags...

Install a small needle valve + a bycycle-type Schrader valve using a "t" fitting in the feed line right at the top of the bags. Close the needle valve almost all the way until it takes about 10-15 seconds or so for the bag to inflate. This reduces the bags reaction to the road significantly and helps a ton in cold/inclement weather, rough roads, etc. You can also close the valve all the way if you ever blow an air bag, or if a leveling valve fails,.. or you can also close the needle valve and inflate the bag all the way up so you can crawl under your truck easy for various reasons.

When the leveling valves react too fast to the roads, turns, ect... it makes the truck feel top-heavy/fight itself around corners and puts too much force on one side too quickly when turning in bad weather. I fought this problem several different ways only to end up with what I described as the best solution to this.

needle valve: https://amzn.to/2DK0mFO

Schrader valve: https://amzn.to/2Ll0yBE

tubing adapter: https://amzn.to/2Jbn3WV

T adapter: https://amzn.to/2Vdhuyu

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bazdan902 , mj9770 , Kiroisx
02-02-2019, (Subject: Picking up my new X15 tomorrow ) 
Thanks Rawze lots of great info. I put it in the shop tonight it will be thawed by morning so I’ll take a look at it in the morning. Thanks

User's Signature: 2008 KWT800 CM570 18spd 4.10’s
replyreply
(02-02-2019 )mj9770 Wrote:  Thanks Rawze lots of great info. I put it in the shop tonight it will be thawed by morning so I’ll take a look at it in the morning. Thanks

When I was at Rawze's, he showed me that set up of his on the front end with the schrader valve, I would do that if I ever owned another air ride front end. On my 2006 Volvo I had issues with the passenger side airbag blowing out at least twice a year. I could never figure it out, it was hitting nothing, could not say it was road debris, no evidence of that. Anyways, I told Rawze this, I forget what we concluded, but in the end, the schrader valve setup, we felt that would have solved the problem of the blown bags.

Rawze should do a video on that setup.
replyreply
(02-02-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...
I had issues with the passenger side airbag blowing out at least twice a year. I could never figure it out, it was hitting nothing,

VERY COMMON PROBLEM.... it is caused by the mechanic who hits it( nicks it) with the oil filter wrench when trying to loosen the oil filter. I have seen this plenty of times with my own truck when I have the oil changed. I stand over them like a hawk and warn them that if they hit my air bag with a wrench, they are going to buy me a new one. -- the problems stopped after that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(02-02-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-02-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...
I had issues with the passenger side airbag blowing out at least twice a year. I could never figure it out, it was hitting nothing,

VERY COMMON PROBLEM.... it is caused by the mechanic who hits it( nicks it) with the oil filter wrench when trying to loosen the oil filter. I have seen this plenty of times with my own truck when I have the oil changed. I stand over them like a hawk and warn them that if they hit my air bag with a wrench, they are going to buy me a new one. -- the problems stopped after that.

You should still do a video on this, and yes, I now remember.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.