Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil
01-29-2019, (Subject: Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil ) 
Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil
Ok guys, I need help with this one, turbo looses boost, cycle key and it has boost again, but is pushing oil into cac, replaced turbo does same thing, CM2250, code says Imap sensor erratic but has been replaced with no luck. It only cuts boost once its full throttle, whats odd to me is why the turbo leaks oil after it does this. It has a fairly new Cac and was cleaned with new turbo, I cant find a boost leak anywhere either. Im at an end and running out of money for turbos, my next option is to have the stealer look at it.
replyreply
RE: Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil
First of all, it is not unusual for a turbo to slobber a bit if you idle a lot. It hurts nothing. How wet is the intake side of the enigne getting at the manifold? - Maybe a picture or 2?. It is typically considered in excess when it is soaking the intake manifold as well, not just getting the CAC/turbo side wet.

It is also not unusual for a reman turbo to slobber a bit when first installed until the seals settle.

Excess crank case pressure will cause turbo slobber and also turbo failures. Neglecting the crank case filter will cause this. many people resort to drilling out this filter to stop this issue on older engines to relieve the blo-by that typically causes it ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

custom enigne programming can also cause one to slobber if the turbo is being commanded to spool down all the way to save fuel at idle. this sometimes make a vacuum at the face seal of the turbo and it will then bleed oil. - It is easily fixed by ensuring you have adjusted the turbo up enough to make positive pressure at the intake manifold.

some history on engine? miles, type of truck? is it de-mandated? if so, by who? - What is the shape/state of the crank case filter? How much blo-by does the enigne have? Is it making positive pressure at the intake at idle?

as far as "loosing boost", have you monitored the enigne state, etc. in insite to see if it is going into any sort of derate?

the IMAP sensor should not give faults like that unless the wiring is bad going to it or the sensor itself is bad. Check to ensure it is plugged in all the way / wiring harness somewhere is not damaged.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Knuckles
Also check crankcase filter as when these get clogged it can cause turbo seals to leak.
As far as Imap sensor need to check wiring harness back to ecm could be bad wire or something.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Knuckles
02-05-2019, (Subject: Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil ) 
I finally had time to work on the truck again, it is a 2012 T660 with a ISX cm 2250 still has the mandate with 650,000 miles, I drove it for awhile and it lost boost again, i created an ecm image, and it does show engine went into derate mode, the turbo was getting oil all the way through the cac to the intake manifold, The air filter was in bad shape, so we think that was causing the oil, we will no longer be trying to clean them and only replace them from now on. The crank case pressure didn't look to high on insite, I think it was showing around 1.5. The imap sensor has good wires, connections and I tightened the ecm connections, so I assume the imap code has to be from the derate, all the other codes also seem to come up because of the derate, not causing it, I was also getting a lot of coolant to the intake manifold so we replaced the egr cooler and we will take it for a test run to see if that was causing the derate.
replyreply
If you had oil on the intake side you need to take the CAC and attempt to clean it. What are your intake temps? With that CAC plugged your probably getting derates because of that, was your IMAP sensor coated in oil too? I'd be replacing it also.
replyreply
also if the EGR cooler was leaky, it can create problems with DOC and DPF, washing the chemicals out of them making them go bad. Hopefully you also changed the oil, coolant in intake makes it get into engine oil too from blo-by.

Also need to clean out all the EGr piping and the soot buildup that occurs from coolant getting into it.

It is absolutely stupid to wash out air filters on a commercial engine. Whatever moron that got you doing that needs to have their head examined.... Jump over a dollar to save a dime... Horrible business plan if you ask me. -- Save a few bucks and blow out your air filter instead of replacing it at proper intervals... Later to replace a $4,000 turbocharger, or worse yet,.. dust outthe cylinders on the engine.

Sounds like that engine has been severely neglected, and "save a dime now" redneck thinking buisness tactics that only cost more in the end. No wonder you have issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yes the filters are not that expensive, and the trucks run in dust a lot so we will always change them out for new ones from here on out. I will change the oil, and as far as the doc and dpf damage should i spend the money to replace them if they're bad or is there some one in west Kansas that I should contact to help me get it demandated?
replyreply
ALso pull out crankcase filer i have saw a few cases where sensor didnt read correctly and filter was infact stopped up.
replyreply
This truck has the maintenance free filter replacement, I did check to make sure the holes where not plugged on the "filter" and they're clear, maybe it wouldn't hurt to add some holes to the part to add some more room for it to breath.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.