Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil
01-29-2019, (Subject: Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil ) 
RE: Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil
First of all, it is not unusual for a turbo to slobber a bit if you idle a lot. It hurts nothing. How wet is the intake side of the enigne getting at the manifold? - Maybe a picture or 2?. It is typically considered in excess when it is soaking the intake manifold as well, not just getting the CAC/turbo side wet.

It is also not unusual for a reman turbo to slobber a bit when first installed until the seals settle.

Excess crank case pressure will cause turbo slobber and also turbo failures. Neglecting the crank case filter will cause this. many people resort to drilling out this filter to stop this issue on older engines to relieve the blo-by that typically causes it ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

custom enigne programming can also cause one to slobber if the turbo is being commanded to spool down all the way to save fuel at idle. this sometimes make a vacuum at the face seal of the turbo and it will then bleed oil. - It is easily fixed by ensuring you have adjusted the turbo up enough to make positive pressure at the intake manifold.

some history on engine? miles, type of truck? is it de-mandated? if so, by who? - What is the shape/state of the crank case filter? How much blo-by does the enigne have? Is it making positive pressure at the intake at idle?

as far as "loosing boost", have you monitored the enigne state, etc. in insite to see if it is going into any sort of derate?

the IMAP sensor should not give faults like that unless the wiring is bad going to it or the sensor itself is bad. Check to ensure it is plugged in all the way / wiring harness somewhere is not damaged.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Knuckles

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isx New Vgt Turbo Pushing Oil - Rawze - 01-29-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.