No start after actuator and fuel shutoff solenoid replaced
02-01-2019, (Subject: No start after actuator and fuel shutoff solenoid replaced ) 
No start after actuator and fuel shutoff solenoid replaced
Engine is Cummins ISX cm871

Can this fault cause low fuel rail pressure? (attached image)

I put on new timing and metering actuators, and shutoff solenoid and got this fault, put old shutoff solenoid back on and still same issue. Voltage and ohm check out good.

Lift pump is working, I am only getting 22psi when cranking but no start.

Filters are new and filled with fresh fuel.

Hopefully can figure this out before 5pm central time so I can order fuel pump if needed.    
replyreply
02-01-2019, (Subject: No start after actuator and fuel shutoff solenoid replaced ) 
RE: No start after actuator and fuel shutoff solenoid replaced
The plates and discs under the shutoff solenoid could be fitted incorrectly. The fault code is set when fuel pressure doesn't drop quick enough after the key is turned off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
It is put in the correct way according to quickserve.

When I got all the parts on it did run then started to hop rpm by 300-400 rpm it's like it was getting fuel built up then drop pressure which I believe is what was causing it to bounce that so much rpm, I shut it off when the rpm was dropping. Then I tried to start it again and it wouldn't fire up. Been like that since Tuesday. It was negative 35 on Wednesday and Thursday. Today it's 11 above. The fuel is not gelled. It's got winter blend in it and power service anti gel additive.
replyreply
So I decided to fill up the davco filter after the priming pump stops, then I cranked it and it fired up and ran for like 5 seconds and died, I watched insite the pressure went up to 272psi then slowly went down as I ran out of fuel in the davco filter. So I'm guessing ice build up in the fuel line between the davco and tank.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Blew out the line with compressed air. It fired up after cranking for like 10 to 15 seconds I saw the pressure build up, but runs rough and erratic idle. The cel for fuel shutoff solenoid is gone now. Idle would jump from 550rpm to 1000 back and forth. I shut off 4,5,6 injector it stopped idling erratically and ran normal. I have brand new timing and metering actuators on the rear bank. I don't understand what's happening.

So I shut down and tried again, nope no start, fuel rail pressure got up to 32psi that's it.

I now have pid 94 fault that's fuel delivery pressure below normal range.
replyreply
Sucking up ice on the botom of the tsnks?
replyreply
(02-01-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  Sucking up ice on the botom of the tsnks?

I am not sure because the fuel temp was at 75 degrees by the time I shut it down. Could be some debris in the tank. I will blow through the line again tomorrow morning and see if it starts again.
replyreply
How do I bleed the fuel system? Push the compucheck while someone cranks over?
replyreply
the truck will run crappy for about 20-30 min after actuators, and if its cold with freezing fuel your only compounding the problem. there's a bunch of air in the system up to the injectors due to actuator removal and fuel shut off.

if your fuel was able to freeze in the lines then your filter under the actuators could have froze over and plugged.

gelled fuel is the reason my truck never shut off from sunday till today as it was -10 to -30 everywhere i was. no issues with truck at all but plenty of local trucks in areas and farm trucks littering the highways and byways because people didnt treat the cold with respect.

1 driver my dad knows has a newer common rail truck he took 1 load this week it went 90 miles it took him 8 Hours to go the 180miles round trip now his trucks in the shop getting arctic fox tank heaters.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , imalumberjack

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.