Cpl 2733 vs 2732
02-03-2019, (Subject: Cpl 2733 vs 2732 ) 
Cpl 2733 vs 2732
Need some advice. I have a ISX engine cpl2733 I’m replacing. I had the emissions deleted and still have the ecm with the programming on it. The replacement engine I came across is a cpl 2732 for a decent amount. My mechanic told me as long as the replacement engine is still a cm871, the delete program will still work. So cpl 2733 & 2732 are both cm871 engines. Which is better? From what I’ve learned, the 2733 hp ranges from 450-500 and the 2732 from 435-450. Will my ecm from the 2733 work ok on the 2732? My mechanic said he may need to tweak some stuff. I’d appreciate any feedback
replyreply
RE: Cpl 2733 vs 2732
I think the block is the same...same injectors, pistons and cams...the thermostat housing is different as is the turbo clock..but i think if you qere to seap all the bolt on accessories from the 2733 to the 2732 it will work just fine...

Only rederence i have os mine is a 2732 and my friend has a 2733 and we use the same hard parts in the block.
replyreply
(02-03-2019 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  Need some advice. I have a ISX engine cpl2733 I’m replacing. I had the emissions deleted and still have the ecm with the programming on it. The replacement engine I came across is a cpl 2732 for a decent amount. My mechanic told me as long as the replacement engine is still a cm871, the delete program will still work. So cpl 2733 & 2732 are both cm871 engines. Which is better? From what I’ve learned, the 2733 hp ranges from 450-500 and the 2732 from 435-450. Will my ecm from the 2733 work ok on the 2732? My mechanic said he may need to tweak some stuff. I’d appreciate any feedback

The programming is based on BOTH THE ENGINE AND THE TRUCK. Just because some of the internal parts are the same in different CPL engines, the CAC, exhaust, turbo, and a lot of other stuff IS NOT.

first of all,... they use different cams, different injectors, and different turbochargers...
./uploads/201902/post_2_1549223091_ffc634729fcadd42d341d1e152a44f53.jpg

They are NOT compatible, so the answer is NO,.. do not just use any old program with it. USE THE PROGRAM MADE FOR THE ENGINE, and then compare CAC, exhaust flow, and other settings so so that it can be matched to the truck make/model as well, de-mandated or not. Also for other reading/researching this,.. if you DO have EGR and DPF intact, those settings will also need to be inspected as well. Otherwise, you will only end up with a regen nightmare all the time.

You should also read through this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

(02-03-2019 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  ...
My mechanic told me as long as the replacement engine is still a cm871, the delete program will still work.
your mechanic needs to better educate himself and not make idiotic assumptions based on ignorance.

Lastly, if your concern is the power difference,... have the de-mandated program re-made for the new engine and have the power.torque set to whatever is desired while your at it.

I hope like hell,.. you have a de-mandate program by one of the guys recommended by this forum,.. or have had the programming at least thoroughly inspected, otherwise, you are only asking only for more problems and pre-mature engine failures.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack , barf , Waterloo , bazdan902 , Roysbigtoys
02-04-2019, (Subject: Cpl 2733 vs 2732 ) 
(02-03-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-03-2019 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  Need some advice. I have a ISX engine cpl2733 I’m replacing. I had the emissions deleted and still have the ecm with the programming on it. The replacement engine I came across is a cpl 2732 for a decent amount. My mechanic told me as long as the replacement engine is still a cm871, the delete program will still work. So cpl 2733 & 2732 are both cm871 engines. Which is better? From what I’ve learned, the 2733 hp ranges from 450-500 and the 2732 from 435-450. Will my ecm from the 2733 work ok on the 2732? My mechanic said he may need to tweak some stuff. I’d appreciate any feedback

The programming is based on BOTH THE ENGINE AND THE TRUCK. Just because some of the internal parts are the same in different CPL engines, the CAC, exhaust, turbo, and a lot of other stuff IS NOT.

first of all,... they use different cams, different injectors, and different turbochargers...

They are NOT compatible, so the answer is NO,.. do not just use any old program with it. USE THE PROGRAM MADE FOR THE ENGINE, and then compare CAC, exhaust flow, and other settings so so that it can be matched to the truck make/model as well, de-mandated or not. Also for other reading/researching this,.. if you DO have EGR and DPF intact, those settings will also need to be inspected as well. Otherwise, you will only end up with a regen nightmare all the time.

You should also read through this...

(02-03-2019 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  ...
My mechanic told me as long as the replacement engine is still a cm871, the delete program will still work.
your mechanic needs to better educate himself and not make idiotic assumptions based on ignorance.

Lastly, if your concern is the power difference,... have the de-mandated program re-made for the new engine and have the power.torque set to whatever is desired while your at it.

I hope like hell,.. you have a de-mandate program by one of the guys recommended by this forum,.. or have had the programming at least thoroughly inspected, otherwise, you are only asking only for more problems and pre-mature engine failures.

I've seen you mention this many times in regards to the engine being matched to the model truck.. has me wondering, 4 years ago when the original motor gave out on me I replaced with a crate motor from Cummins and told them I wanted to downsize HP for fuel mileage. The original engine was a 550hp and I dropped down to a 450..

Specifically I went from:
AV10144 CPL 3320 to
AV10069 CPL 2732.. This is in a 389 Peterbilt.

Is there settings that should be copied over from the original engine cal?
replyreply
Hey Rawze, I really appreciate that side by side pic. Another question for you. Would the engine serial numbers factor into the injectors matching? I gave the mechanic the serial number of a 2732 I’m considering and he said the injectors were the same for the 2733. The pic you sent says otherwise. Now I’m concerned. Who are the guys I should contact on these forums for proper programming?
replyreply
Sounds like your mechanic is feeding ya bull. But yes the engine serial number is one way to lookup that engine build on quickserve. It would tell you the calibration, CPL and you'd be able to compare part numbers... Unilevers be able to help ya not sure who else does remote stuff on here anymore.

Edit: just reread what you were saying, the engine serial numbers would not change what Rawze already has compared, it is simply another way of getting that information
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Yup like bazdan said your mechanic dont know what he's talking about, I guarantee you the injectors are different as well as eveything rawze listed, cams turbo pistons.

If your brave enough the info too tune the motor yourself is out there on the net.
replyreply
I just thought your mechanic might be thinking the 871 is like the 870. The 870 high hp cpl8518 an the low hp8519 do use the same injectors and hard parts,
replyreply
02-05-2019, (Subject: Cpl 2733 vs 2732 ) 
(02-04-2019 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  Hey Rawze, I really appreciate that side by side pic. Another question for you. Would the engine serial numbers factor into the injectors matching? I gave the mechanic the serial number of a 2732 I’m considering and he said the injectors were the same for the 2733. The pic you sent says otherwise. Now I’m concerned. Who are the guys I should contact on these forums for proper programming?

it is NOT just a simple variance of injector part#'s or superseding stuff ... My comments above are based on the fact that I took the 20-minutes + time to --- Looked in the programs for both and THEY ARE SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT IN THEIR PROGRAMMING for everything including injectors, fuel offsets, CAC flow, exhaust flow, power curves, injection offstes, literally the 2 programs ARE DIFFERENT!.

post the ser# of the old engine, and then the new one. That way it can be looked up exactly, but I can tell you this... You can also determine this by looking at the listings in the link i posted about changing HP, and looking at the ecm dataplate*(s) and the AV# on each of them.

and tell your mechanic to better inform him/her/self about these newer engines... they are only making themselves look bad and it hurts their customers when they rely on whatever bad ideas and bad habits they have formed for themselves.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.