new speed sensor truck won't start?
02-04-2019, (Subject: new speed sensor truck won't start? ) 
new speed sensor truck won't start?
2009 Peterbilt 388 ISX and 18 speed eaton. The last few months the cruise control and speedometer quit working anytime there is rain. Initially I thought of the junction where all the wires come into the cab, cleaned that up and still the same problem when it rains. Everything else works fine. So then I thought maybe it's just the speedometer sensor or wires. I followed the wires from the speedo sensor on the back of the transmission up towards the harness by the firewall where a bunch of other wires join together. I found a few minor breaks in the wiring as well as some corrosion around the sensor. I went to replace the sensor and it broke apart on me. I was able to slowly chip away and extract the broken pieces of plastic out of the sensor port. I have been driving around the last week with no sensor and aside from lack of cruise, speedo, and jake it has started up and ran just fine. Today I finally get the new sensor, install it, and put new wiring all the way up to the firewall and now the truck won't start via the starter. I now have to roll start the truck. I removed the new wiring and new sensor and still it won't start on it's own. Any suggestions? Do I need to reset something? Thanks, Adam.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
new speed sensor truck won't start? - hosetrucking - 02-04-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.