Trailer info
02-04-2019, (Subject: Trailer info ) 
Trailer info
Does anyone have info on a Dorsey all steel step deck. Just wondering if there made decent.
replyreply
RE: Trailer info
Never heard of Dorsey have heard of trail King trail EZE and Mack Anne Fontaine
Trail King and trail EZe are built 30 miles from my house
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
Dorsey has been around for years... I have no clue on their trailers or I would have said something.
replyreply
If the price is right, as far as I know, which is not much, depending on what you are hauling... Check it out, the usual stuff, stress and cracks in the frame. If newer, and all steel, It is more than likely OK. Dorsey is big out here on the East side of the country, salt and winters. It is a trailer. Drinking beer... So, take my .02 worth a penny. ;-)
replyreply
What will you be hauling? If your going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting.... After my experience so far with my all aluminum Trail King I would want at least some combination of steel, brand new trailer less then a year old and I've already had to replace suspension cross members and install additional bracing on the suspension towers. Buddy of mine ran Dorsey trailers, he liked them.

Whatever you get, go through it with a fine tooth comb. Workmanship is horrible these days, aside from my engineering defects I had loose shock bolts(hand tight), airlines on all brake cans hand tight, both air tank drains leaking etc etc. Myself and few other guys bought new trailers over the summer two trail Kings and two reitnours and both had various issues like this.
replyreply
(02-04-2019 )bazdan902 Wrote:  What will you be hauling? If your going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting.... After my experience so far with my all aluminum Trail King I would want at least some combination of steel, brand new trailer less then a year old and I've already had to replace suspension cross members and install additional bracing on the suspension towers. Buddy of mine ran Dorsey trailers, he liked them.

Whatever you get, go through it with a fine tooth comb. Workmanship is horrible these days, aside from my engineering defects I had loose shock bolts(hand tight), airlines on all brake cans hand tight, both air tank drains leaking etc etc. Myself and few other guys bought new trailers over the summer two trail Kings and two reitnours and both had various issues like this.
I’ve noticed that a lot of these trailer manufacturers don’t brace the suspension properly. Crack in no time. I figured there just about average. I’m going for new. And I’m gonna do some custom changing for my application. Nothing big but I will definitely add cross member to suspension brackets if needed.
replyreply
02-05-2019, (Subject: Trailer info ) 
Both my dads and I's Great Dane Freedom XPs his 2016 mine 2019 had faulty alignments from factory eating off the inside edge of every tire on the trailer he ate it and paid for alignment as great dane wont cover it under warranty. i went into jim hawk in sioux falls the dealer and told them if i have to pay for it ill never walk in their door again.. dad 60+ me 30+ i have a few more trailers in my career left to buy then he does. 3 hrs later they called and said bring it to a shop and well pick up the tab.

so for atleast 3 years that i know of they havent fixed their poor workmanship.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.