Cummins isx 2350
02-05-2019, (Subject: Cummins isx 2350 ) 
RE: Cummins isx 2350
(02-05-2019 )DSTdriver Wrote:  Just checking to see if using the 12% gear oil in the isx 2350 with full mandate
California truck is beneficial to eng & not harmful to DPF filter & DEF system

Thoughts please
Great sight so happy to have found this page

depends on how much sulphides the gear oil your using has + the amount of blo-by. Sulphides, when they hit the DOC will turn into sulpher-dioxide--- the components that make acid rain. then again, it is also only a 11% of gear lube to oil. Divide the amount of sulphides to the 15 gallons of diluted mix, I would think someone would have to have a lot of blo-by (enough that the DPF system would not function properly any ways) before someone would really have to worry about it,.. but that is just a lot of speculation. The actual answer could only come from someone testing the exhaust and system out regularly to get some real numbers.

In any case, i would think that a good GL-4 that does not have a lot of sulphides in it , and an engine that does not use a gallon of oil every 3000 miles, it would likely not cause any ill effect that could be measured,.. -- again just speculation.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cummins isx 2350 - DSTdriver - 02-05-2019,
RE: Cummins isx 2350 - Rawze - 02-05-2019
RE: Cummins isx 2350 - Rawze - 02-11-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.