CAT 3126 long crank time
02-05-2019, (Subject: CAT 3126 long crank time ) 
CAT 3126 long crank time
Have a 99 kW T300 with Cat 3126 used for yard/jockey truck, so it gets started many times a day. It always cranks 3+ sec before it starts. Ive been told this is normal due to injectors needing oil pressure to fire. Is this normal every start even if 15 min apart? Or is there a check valve somewhere that could be bad?
replyreply
02-05-2019, (Subject: CAT 3126 long crank time ) 
RE: CAT 3126 long crank time
I would think that it would be far less wear to let it run for the day instead of cranking it 5 or 6 times+. Most engine wear is typically from cranking.

An alternative would be to put a supplement electric oil pump on it? - just a crazy thought.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-06-2019, (Subject: CAT 3126 long crank time ) 
put gear oil in it with the oil change, not kidding it will make a world of difference. About 1/8 of the total 75w90. As those old heui engines age they get lazy on the starting due to the pump/lines leaking slightly etc.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys
(02-06-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  put gear oil in it with the oil change, not kidding it will make a world of difference. About 1/8 of the total 75w90. As those old heui engines age they get lazy on the starting due to the pump/lines leaking slightly etc.

Is gear oil still good when in the cold? Could the extra thick oil mixed thicken to much due to cold weather and make engine work harder?

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
Went through somethin like this a couple months ago. Was the regilator on the back of the head. Was lettin fuel drain out of the head after it shut off. Worth a shot. 369-6662 was the part number I believe
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(02-06-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  
(02-06-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  put gear oil in it with the oil change, not kidding it will make a world of difference. About 1/8 of the total 75w90. As those old heui engines age they get lazy on the starting due to the pump/lines leaking slightly etc.

Is gear oil still good when in the cold? Could the extra thick oil mixed thicken to much due to cold weather and make engine work harder?

in extreme cold, a synthetic gear oil would have less issue with thickening. I think some people ovrlook this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.