Best day cab a local owner operator should get??
02-08-2019, (Subject: Best day cab a local owner operator should get?? ) 
RE: Best day cab a local owner operator should get??
(02-06-2019 )imalumberjack Wrote:  I agree with waterloo, small sleeper adds versatility. I have one with back window and I can see end dump trailer while dumping if that's what I'm pulling. Go with lower rear end gear (higher numerically) I love the double lockers they get you moving in soft ground. Peterbilt? probably 20% of price is the name ....seldom worth it. There are 13? states that mandate newer zero emmisions? Figure out what your needs are as it makes a huge difference in price and upkeep.

And what do you guys consider a small sleeper because I’ve never seen one out here! Everything looks like a mobile house to me that they drive out here
replyreply
Heres some in the truckpaper with a max 42 inch sleeper size...some as small as 34 inches...

https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/truc...perSize=42
replyreply
(02-08-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  Heres some in the truckpaper with a max 42 inch sleeper size...some as small as 34 inches...

https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/truc...perSize=42

now that i would definitely consider....its not as big as a house and i can still see out the back window...look pretty much the same as a day cab honestly....i might just look into these im liking what i see.....thanks for the lead.......

where do most of the guys here get trucks from anyway? is there like a preferred lot the you guys purchase from?
replyreply
Having a small sleeper gives the ELD much more freedom. Freedom is good. I have a 42” sleeper, I call it a napper.
Eld’s are here to stay, and split sleeper option is a good card to play if hours become an issue.
Kenworth T800 with extended day cab is very desirable if you must get a day cab.
Ease of maintaining and parts availability Saturday at 3pm is a huge plus not to be overlooked.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , imalumberjack
Jeo123 what kind of hauling do you do?

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
02-09-2019, (Subject: Best day cab a local owner operator should get?? ) 
(02-08-2019 )redbeard Wrote:  Having a small sleeper gives the ELD much more freedom. Freedom is good. I have a 42” sleeper, I call it a napper.
Eld’s are here to stay, and split sleeper option is a good card to play if hours become an issue.
Kenworth T800 with extended day cab is very desirable if you must get a day cab.
Ease of maintaining and parts availability Saturday at 3pm is a huge plus not to be overlooked.

now this is good information....i would probably go for the even smaller sleeper...i started off in a day cab and i like the ease of turning BUT if i can get a sleeper that is a tiny bit bigger than a day cab then im all for it...i honestly dont see much kenworths around my way either...i see alot of frieghtliners and peterbilts...why is that? are those the top dog trucks the pros use?
replyreply
02-09-2019, (Subject: Best day cab a local owner operator should get?? ) 
(02-08-2019 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  Jeo123 what kind of hauling do you do?

dry freight local hauling...very rare that i get something that is overly heavy...on a daily it is about 300-320 miles total...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.