What is this code?
02-06-2019, (Subject: What is this code? ) 
What is this code?
Hello everybody. I just bought a used 2012 Cascadia with ISX 2250 450hp. I get a code every time i start the truck. Eec61 spn 639 fail 07. The mil light is on during start up with that code. Then light goes off. I had a friend hook computer up to it tonight to turn off the progressive shift and asked him to look. There wasn’t any codes that showed up. Unhook and I started it and there it was. Then off. Any idea what that code means. Thanks in advance.
replyreply
02-07-2019, (Subject: What is this code? ) 
RE: What is this code?
Sounds like a Freightliner code, have you called a dealer and ran it by them?
replyreply
No. Not yet. I’m headed there this evening and I’ll ask. It’s an after treatment code. Thought maybe someone has ran into it before lol.
replyreply
SPN 639, Fail 7 Is no communication between the Engine ECM and other modules. Check for an inline fuse blown for the ECM between the batteries and ECM as well as your relays. Verify you have power and ground to the ECM (MCM) and if so you likely have a faulty module if it is not communicating.
replyreply
I’ll look into it this weekend. Thank you
replyreply
Also, how much voltage drop is there when cranking the truck? I only ask because if my batteries get low enough i will get a ABS module fault when cranking the truck that goes away once the voltage comes up.
replyreply
02-08-2019, (Subject: What is this code? ) 
I’ll check that as well. Because I also started getting abs that comes and goes. Although the code is abs 11 639 07 lol.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.