RPM fluctuations
02-07-2019, (Subject: RPM fluctuations ) 
RPM fluctuations
I am experiencing RPM fluctuations at idle. Not really bad spikes but run between 761 to 771 or it’ll fluctuate rapidly between numbers. What could be the reasons behind this? It doesn’t run off after I shut motor down. 04 ISX 871 EGR
replyreply
RE: RPM fluctuations
O4 is not a cm871 its a cm870. And that kind of 10 rpm fluctuating is normal. My 06 does the exact same thing. But if your paranoid, check your actuators, run the over head, perform an injector bubble test, check and rebuild your IFSM if necessary, remove your fuel pump and ensure its in good condition and change your fuel filters. This may smooth it out some.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(02-07-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  O4 is not a cm871 its a cm870. And that kind of 10 rpm fluctuating is normal. My 06 does the exact same thing. But if your paranoid, check your actuators, run the over head, perform an injector bubble test, check and rebuild your IFSM if necessary, remove your fuel pump and ensure its in good condition and change your fuel filters. This may smooth it out some.

I thought mine was an 871 cause the way the entake goes up and wraps around top of motor from off the drivers side. When did the 871’s come out.? 2008? I just read this ok I have a 870 and it doesn’t do much between the rpm’s.
replyreply
Mine does same thing it is 06 I think it’s normal on these CM870.. Mine was doing it bad after demandate but after I replaced injectors it quit now it will spike up just little bit but nothing concerning.. Just keep on truckin..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bryanluster1
Mine (2010 871) will bounce around 20 rpm...nothing to get worried about.
replyreply
02-08-2019, (Subject: RPM fluctuations ) 
(02-07-2019 )Bryanluster1 Wrote:  
(02-07-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  O4 is not a cm871 its a cm870. And that kind of 10 rpm fluctuating is normal. My 06 does the exact same thing. But if your paranoid, check your actuators, run the over head, perform an injector bubble test, check and rebuild your IFSM if necessary, remove your fuel pump and ensure its in good condition and change your fuel filters. This may smooth it out some.

I thought mine was an 871 cause the way the entake goes up and wraps around top of motor from off the drivers side. When did the 871’s come out.? 2008? I just read this ok I have a 870 and it doesn’t do much between the rpm’s.

CM870 is EGR only.
CM871 has EGR + DPF/regen system.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bryanluster1
02-08-2019, (Subject: RPM fluctuations ) 
Got it thanks for clarifying for me!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.