Help with Prostar Factory Led Headlights
02-03-2019, (Subject: Help with Prostar Factory Led Headlights ) 
Help with Prostar Factory Led Headlights
2011 International Prostar. My factory Led headlight is giving me trouble. Driver side daytime running light isn't working. I really want to buy a new set but I don't want to pay the $1000/headlight from Rush. I found this one on eBay for $500 per side but the lens is broken. Lol... Anybody ever dealt with these Headlights? What should I do?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...3816238728
replyreply
RE: Help with Prostar Factory Led Headlights
Damn that is expensive. Have you inspected the wiring harness? On my ProStar there is a secondary harness that comes off of the main harness that attaches to the headlamps. Those can and do fail, I had to replace both of those harnesses as water and salt got in them and pretty much destroyed one, the other was on its way out too.

Or, will the Dornan replacement headlamps work in your truck, the halogen bulb ones? I don't know what kind of wiring is used for the LEDs, may not be doable, but would be less than $200.

https://amzn.to/2GTb25F
replyreply
Yes they are quite expensive. I could do the halogen but I'll have to rewrite both headlights. Also I do like how bright the Led are compared to the halogen. I will check into the harness you mentioned.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
the new LED headlights on prostars/freightliners are awesome but since they think sealing the housings its a great idea they become retarded as for how much cash they want for new ones and only big companies will force a replacement for free since they have the purchasing power to do so.

now if your good with an oven and are able to find a way to replace the LED bulb inside you might be able to fix them on the cheap.

oven is used to soften the glue that holds the light lense to the hosing then you can open it. atleast this is the case on stuff like my 2015 mustang to replace the tribar lights with RGB instead of white and put in DEMON eyes for a cool little parked red eyeball look when headlights are off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , rrod , flying240

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.