Smoking after idle
02-08-2019, (Subject: Smoking after idle ) 
Smoking after idle
Hello guys and gals! I have been out of the loop for awhile, took a little “break” from trucking, but now I am back!

Ok: CM2250, 705K, Deman. Smoking when I take off after idling to warm up. Smokes pretty bad for about 5 mins while going through the gears then stops and is completely clean all day. I replaced all the valve guide seals with the new style about 50K ago because of the same issue, but now it’s smoking again. I know my turbo weeps a tiny bit, but I have positive pressure at idle from the intake hole when I remove the imap. I also have no abnormal oil or coolant consumption, basically the same as when it was new. Blowby seems low, (not much coming from the blowby tube or oil fill when cap is removed).
I am running Howe’s in the fuel when it has been cold, could that account for the smoke?? Maybe I should pull the turbo again and see how bad the weep has gotten?? I am at a loss, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Smoking after idle - JMBT - 02-08-2019
RE: Smoking after idle - JMBT - 02-09-2019,
RE: Smoking after idle - JMBT - 02-09-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.