Adjusting clutch
02-11-2019, (Subject: Adjusting clutch ) 
Adjusting clutch
You know that bolt head on your clutch that you push in and then turn clockwise to tighten up your clutch when it's getting to much play. Will that bolt get tight and bottom out on something when your clutch is at the end of its life? I'm not quite sure what that bolt is doing.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
RE: Adjusting clutch
They will easily travel from one end to the other.
replyreply
(02-11-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  They will easily travel from one end to the other.

Sorry but I'm not following. What exactly is that bolt pushing on or doing??

replyreply
I think the bolt is turning a cam that takes up any play...i do not think it bottoms out till theres metal on metal but I'm not certain...my old clutch had a sliding indicator in a slot that had a area where it said replace...
replyreply
if its a cam then it will flip if you go to far right?

replyreply
the bolt turns a big adjusting ring in the clutch. if you go too far one way it will unthread the ring off the clutch and you will effectively destroy it. dont turn it all the way one way it will be ruined if you havent already. This is for a eaton easypedal setup which is im assuming you have.

you cannot restart the adjustment ring once it unthreads itself, thus no more adjusting for you!

there is a nice diagram where you can see how the clutch works here

http://www.dwclutch.com/D&W/D&W%20Clutch...df?opwvc=1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , kalsandhu , Pd6cas2 , tree98 , DVT873 , ZeroNthedark
02-12-2019, (Subject: Adjusting clutch ) 
So it looks like if you go far enough to unscrew the adjusting ring, your out of clutch material and the clutch is history anyway, am I right?

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
02-12-2019, (Subject: Adjusting clutch ) 
if you have to go that far to get it to adjust chances are your worn out anyways. The adjuster gets hard when your near the end but its still able to be turned to unthread it if you start pulling on it hard.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , tree98
02-17-2019, (Subject: Adjusting clutch ) 
(02-11-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  the bolt turns a big adjusting ring in the clutch. if you go too far one way it will unthread the ring off the clutch and you will effectively destroy it. dont turn it all the way one way it will be ruined if you havent already. This is for a eaton easypedal setup which is im assuming you have.

you cannot restart the adjustment ring once it unthreads itself, thus no more adjusting for you!

there is a nice diagram where you can see how the clutch works here

http://www.dwclutch.com/D&W/D&W%20Clutch...df?opwvc=1

Very nice attachment. Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.