CM2250
02-13-2019, (Subject: CM2250 ) 
RE: CM2250
(02-13-2019 )sstrong1 Wrote:  Can I just take it to prices and have it checked our

you can ...

* Get a copy of CT and pull the program yourself. (best thing to do so your not reliant on ANYONE if you ever need ecu replaced, re-programming, etc. ).

* Take it to gearheads shop, though these days I am suspicious of their work a bit because this "chirs" guy seems a bit shady to several of the guys I have sent over there + gearhead himself is impossible to get a hold of for most people. - Still, I have not seen anything bad come from them, so, yes, I still recommend them to ppl.

* Get with Unilevers or Mommaburt and have them help you pull the file out using remote desktop, or other means.

* Take it to Mr. Hags (best place most guys on here would recommend if you truly want the whole job inspected/problems found/truck fixed/ not just the programming).

* You could stop by here some time and I will sit down with you and your programming and show you every line of code in that program someone has edited and show you how good or bad it may be for your engine so that you can decide for yourself. - I don't do remote desktop. i only help people that come here when I have time to help them, or I will also look at their program if they e-mail it to me for an objective opinion.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
02-19-2019, (Subject: CM2250 ) 
Chris from Prices Diesel repair took a copy of the program and said he will get back to me about it
Can bad deletes be repaired? I feel like my turbo is out of whack now. I changed the IMAP sensor which helped a lot but it still sounds bad pulling a grade.
replyreply
02-19-2019, (Subject: CM2250 ) 
(02-19-2019 )sstrong1 Wrote:  ...
Can bad deletes be repaired? ...

easily,.. flash it back to factory programming, run the enigne for 10 min so that it can re-build all the correct/calculate the proper engine offsets, (it will do this even if it has egr/dpf errors), then pull it out and build it up using a better de-mandate program method.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-21-2019, (Subject: CM2250 ) 
(02-19-2019 )sstrong1 Wrote:  Chris from Prices Diesel repair took a copy of the program and said he will get back to me about it
Can bad deletes be repaired? I feel like my turbo is out of whack now. I changed the IMAP sensor which helped a lot but it still sounds bad pulling a grade.

hi i am chris i am emailing Rawze a copy of said cal now if Rawze wants to look it over and make any changes i have no problem flashing it back in for free
replyreply
02-21-2019, (Subject: CM2250 ) 
(02-21-2019 )workbot Wrote:  hi i am chris i am emailing Rawze a copy of said cal now if Rawze wants to look it over and make any changes i have no problem flashing it back in for free

Got the program,... This programming is just about as bad as it gets...

*** It has as much as + 14 degrees +BTDC at high fueling and torque ranges. - I don't even know of a 2-stroke that would hold up to injection timing at 14+ degrees (its been set to +15/+16 or more degrees in the high altitude engine modes, even worse) , nonetheless a 15-litre 4-stroke engine doesgood to handle 8 btdc, and the 2250's even less. - This alone is going to put it at extreme high risk of melting a piston or cracking the head.

*** ALL pulse injection has been stripped out of the programming. This typically will hammer out the liners in very short order on 2250's and 2350's when combined with the higher than normal injection timing. This engine is destined to fail. i hope like hell the truck owner is driving this thing gently and not pressing the fuel pedal very far until it gets straightened out. Hopefully no internal damage has been done to it yet.

*** the program shows the truck is a Volvo,. yet it is not made for a Volvo truck at all,.. its made for a kenworth and has very different CAC, exhaust and other settings in it. The program is not even for the same injectors or other internal parts this engine has in it. -- Definately a copied program out of another truck that has been clearly butchered to snot and beyond. -- A prime example on how bad these ignorant hack-job butcher shops really are out there,.. I bet the whole time they were convincing this guy to part with his money, they were bragging about how good their program was top notch, -- they were obviously lying through their teeth, or are VERY VERY VERY in the dark in how bad the program they used really is and are in need of some serious help in learning how to do this stuff right!!.

*** engine brake tables are cranked way up... high enough this engine has a high risk of dropping a valve during high engine braking + high RPM's (when dropping off a steep mountain and loaded heavy).. The cranked up engine brake settings are destined to destroy the engine or crack the head under the right conditions.

,.. I am not making this stuff up, or exaggerating here,.. yes this programming is really this bad!

*** Looks like the emissions systems are turned off (I can only assume the guy lives in a part of the world where that stuff is ok to do),.. but all the emissions logic and control tables + limiters are still active. -- This will make the engine fight against the emissions limiters and throw things whacky, like injection timing, fueling, and all sorts of other issues. - All the derates and shutdowns were turned off, so it will never throw a code or derate for this,.. it only makes it drive funny, like something is not quite right sometimes. -- Again,.. absolutely horrible, unpredictable programming that is slated to destroy this engine with a slow agonizing internal death.

*** The ECU is screaming the following active errors,.. but the fault logic is set to not allow them to show up in the dash of the truck...

1896 - EGR valve out of calibration.
2272 - EGR valve shorted to low voltage.
2637 - DPF face-plug alarm.
3298 - Anti-theft algorithim invalid
346 - memory map error.
{there are a few others as well}
Those error are ACTIVE,.. there are about another 15 error messages or so that are being suppressed (but not active at this time) in the fault blocking tables. The tables are completely full and the # of entries maxxed out with errors that the ecu can no longer show if something is wrong.

The memory map error and anti-theft algorithm are clear indications that the program does not belong to this truck. Sometimes this kind of butchering and copying even throws off ABS and/or other secondary systems in the truck like rollover stability control, etc. in some of these newer trucks too.

- It is obvious that the EGR system is not shut off correctly at all. A decent de-mandate does not need ANY faults blocked off or suppressed at all,. and it should not throw faults when those components are unplugged if they have been un-mapped/switched off properly in the ECU. - On this particular program, the ECU is screaming it has problems, but cannot display any of it to the dash to let the driver know it. - I understand that sometimes a shop will supress a fault code or 2 for systems that are no longer active,.. but in this program, it goes way beyond this, as things are incomplete. it seems obvious that the person who made this program has a serious lack of understanding on how the CM2250 engine works.

*** There is no proper engine mode control (modes like cold startup, cold weather, city, highway, high altitude, passive and parked regen, scr/dpf/exhaust-system-warmup, and other primary engine operating modes). -- Usually when someone does not correct the engine mode selection logic, it gets stuck into one of the engine's SCR warm-up modes and it over-spools the turbo easily, as it is perpetually trying to choke the exhaust by using the turbo to warm up the SCR system,.. but it can't read the sensors any more because they have been disabled. A test drive while monitoring engine mode control logic usually shows this when testing vehicles that have this issue. The unstable turbo control will contribute heavily to causing repeating turbocharger failures, boost pressure problems, and/or a host of other issues that seem to come and go depending on the environment or use.

-- This is a mighty fine example of how bad some of this programming really is out there. Trouble is that many times the driver or truck owner has no clue how bad the logic in the ECU really is,.. drives it around like a blind mouse, telling themselves that the thing is running great,.. power feels good, etc. all while the engine is slowly tearing itself up internally. Most of these types of issues cannot be felt, they see no screaming alarms in the dash, and will swear it runs fine... that is,.. until it melts a turbo,.. or suddenly has a head gasket failure,.. or cracks a head or piston, maybe a couple times in a row (because the truck owner is in denial),.. or worse yet,.. a piston goes through the block with absolutely no warning whatsoever because it beat a wrist pin out of it, or dropped a valve when coming off the top of that mountain. -- That is the future of all those people who think the de-mandate they got "must be ok" because it "feels" fine to them, or because they "spent top dollar on big-name bulls$it" for such rotten garbage hack-job butcher-work.

=====

This program cannot be "fixed" or repaired,.. it does not match the truck/engine at all. It is nothing more than garbage that should be removed as soon as possible to prevent damage to the engine internals. The ECU will need a proper re-flashed with a clean, updated factory program that correctly matches the truck, engine etc., run for at least 10 minutes to re-build injector and engine offset data, then the clean program can be pulled back out/used as a base to start over from scratch with proper methods (assuming the truck is used in a country that allows such mods).

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JMBT , flatbed94kid , Ironhead , workbot , LargeCar , Pd6cas2 , Techmech , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.