Mechanics cannot access ecm
02-12-2019, (Subject: Mechanics cannot access ecm ) 
Mechanics cannot access ecm
Helped a friend @m*m^2 his ecm a few months back and twice he has had mechanics try and hook up with insite and both said the ecm is locked and they cannot hook up. I never knew there was a issue as I can always hook up..... any ideas how I can rectify this for him?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: Mechanics cannot access ecm
What version of insite ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
bring it here, we will sort it. Or we can sort it remotely also....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(02-12-2019 )Brock Wrote:  Helped a friend @m*m^2 his ecm a few months back and twice he has had mechanics try and hook up with insite and both said the ecm is locked and they cannot hook up. I never knew there was a issue as I can always hook up..... any ideas how I can rectify this for him?

I think newest version of insite 8.x+ requires an ecm update on older ecu before it will allow you to do anything. At least that is what I have been told. Some of the steal;ershits have been complaining about this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.