CM870 vibration and black smoke
02-16-2019, (Subject: CM870 vibration and black smoke ) 
RE: CM870 vibration and black smoke
You also mentioned that your problems started after you "cleaned" intake sensor's. Are they reading correctly? Did you damage them with a brush or cleaner? You need to monitor them to see what the ECM is receiving not thru dash gauges.
replyreply
(02-16-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You also mentioned that your problems started after you "cleaned" intake sensor's. Are they reading correctly? Did you damage them with a brush or cleaner? You need to monitor them to see what the ECM is receiving not thru dash gauges.
how do you clean them? I lightly used a small wire brush and electrical cleaner. So yeah that's probably one of my main issues.
replyreply
I also noticed some wear on my rear metering actuator while cleaning it. I don't have a precision tool to measure the movement but it is considerably more than the lead actuator.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
02-17-2019, (Subject: CM870 vibration and black smoke ) 
(02-16-2019 )Mluper7 Wrote:  how do you clean them? I lightly used a small wire brush and electrical cleaner. So yeah that's probably one of my main issues.

you don't -- you replace them. Solvents on old sensors make the read incorrectly after they are cleaned.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mluper7
(02-17-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-16-2019 )Mluper7 Wrote:  how do you clean them? I lightly used a small wire brush and electrical cleaner. So yeah that's probably one of my main issues.

you don't -- you replace them. Solvents on old sensors make the read incorrectly after they are cleaned.
I'm gonna laugh if that's what the problem is. Thanks
replyreply
(02-17-2019 )Mluper7 Wrote:  ...

At least you are taking the time to find out and solve your issues. That is how you grow your business and keep from relying on a broken network of repair shops that only have focus on how fast they can take your money then get you out the door.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

At least you are taking the time to find out and solve your issues. That is how you grow your business and keep from relying on a broken network of repair shops that only have focus on how fast they can take your money then get you out the door.
I want to learn more about my ECM. I'd like to have my own lap top and plug into it to see what it's doing instead of relying on the mechanics. Is that possible without spending thousands of dollars on the program? I was told it's around $7k.
replyreply
02-18-2019, (Subject: CM870 vibration and black smoke ) 
(02-17-2019 )Mluper7 Wrote:  

I want to learn more about my ECM. I'd like to have my own lap top and plug into it to see what it's doing instead of relying on the mechanics. Is that possible without spending thousands of dollars on the program? I was told it's around $7k.

no need to spend more than a few hundred...

most ppl on the forum here get an inline-6 adapter and software off e-bay/china for about $300 or so. Works just fine for anything older than X15. - Not promoting it, but I don't blame them...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mluper7
02-25-2019, (Subject: CM870 vibration and black smoke ) 
Well so after everything I went through it was just my boost sensor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.