Heading toward Injector Replacement
02-13-2019, (Subject: Heading toward Injector Replacement ) 
Heading toward Injector Replacement
This is an ISC on a Pete 335. I'm thinking I need a couple of new injectors.

So far, have replaced the Imap, Differential pressure sensor, checked egr valve, cleaned egr pipes, etc, and most recently replaced the dpf. After all of these, the doc is still face plugging. Oil sample shows no coolant in oil, just normal wear on the oil, aside from obvious excessive soot.

Also, have performed a cylinder cut out test, running the engine on each cylinder individually. 1-4 ran fine, maintaining ~700 rpm with no issue, 5 and 6 both struggled to keep 500-550 rpm, and sounding close to stalling.

With all this in mind, I'm planning to replace injectors on those two cylinders. Does this seem like the next logical step? I have not replaced the exhaust backpressure sensor, figured I'd do it with the rest of this project.

Which direction are the cylinders numbered, #1 at the bumper or the firewall?

Also, how do I bleed the common rail system of pressure?

I'm sure there are other things that I'm missing in this process, as I've not done injectors before.

As far as what 'supplies' I'd need, a valve cover gasket, new injectors, are there other gaskets, etc that should be done meanwhile?

Thanks for the help...looking forward to learning as I go.
replyreply
02-13-2019, (Subject: Heading toward Injector Replacement ) 
RE: Heading toward Injector Replacement
start by going to quickserv.com and registering your engine and its ser#. <- it will give you access to all proper procedures, manuals, and part#'s, etc. - Its free.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , JKBowman , Andre_The_Giant
07-02-2019, (Subject: Heading toward Injector Replacement ) 
I believe the valve cover gaskets are reusable, as long as your careful enough when removing
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
07-05-2019, (Subject: Heading toward Injector Replacement ) 
Can't agree more about going and registering for a Quickserve account.
If you're asking these questions, you're not prepared to do the job correctly, however as stated, with a Q/S account you will have detailed step by step directions that will answer all of your questions, and so many more you didn't even know to ask.

Step 1: get Q/S account
Step 2: it will tell you from there

Hint: Cyl #1 at front/bumper, Cyl #6 at firewall

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman
07-05-2019, (Subject: Heading toward Injector Replacement ) 
Inspect/clean dozer valve if you haven’t already.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , dhirocz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.