INSITE REPORT - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION
02-15-2019, (Subject: INSITE REPORT - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION ) 
RE: INSITE REPORT - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION
(02-15-2019 )NoTruckYet Wrote:  ...

ECM TIME 030372:01:53

over 29,655 hours.

That thing has the equiv of 1.4 mil. miles on it,... it will need an inframe before even putting it on the roads,... unless you want to drive it around knowing it is a ticking time bomb ready to throw a piston through the block. - that very well may be why they won't let you dyno it, someone already knows this, or is hiding something else, like the signs of liner fretting failures that it likely has setting in from the way it has been driven.

I'd offer em 15 - 18k for it if the rest of the truck is in good shape and tear it apart / inframe it (put another 15-18k in OEM internals) before putting in on the roads. Otherwise, it is not worth anyones time.

it has also lived a hard life, driven mostly below 1500-rpm,.. driven in the bottom 1/3 of its working range,.. very hard on engine, likely geared wrong for what it was used for, -- it is ready for new liners at this point when you add up all the below-1500 abuse and those high hours on the clock. - I have no idea where or why the trucking industry has leaned towards abusing thses engines by driving them in only the lower rpm ranges,.. bad marketing, bad gearing, and bad habbits from truck companies governing trucks in bad ways.

Anyone reading this,.. if they have this "drive it below 1500" mentality,.. they need to re-learn how to drive a truck, especially with an ISX engine in it,.. -- 1650 (or anywhere from 1500 - 1850) is the best place to put the engine under a hard pull,.. anything under 1500 and your making 20+lbs boost or more and your just beating up on the internals.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: NoTruckYet

Messages In This Thread
RE: INSITE REPORT - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION - Rawze - 02-15-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.