DPF core moved
02-16-2019, (Subject: DPF core moved ) 
DPF core moved
On a vertical exhaust, the core has moved up about 4". Pressure port was covered and temp sensor was bent up 90 degrees, tight to canister wall. Does this happen very often?? Replacement {aftermarket-name-removed} DPF has rings welded in to keep core in place.   
replyreply
02-17-2019, (Subject: DPF core moved ) 
RE: DPF core moved
that is not normal at all {on cummins}, as the OEM dpf filter also has a ring welded into place to prevent just that. - Maybe yours is a chineese knockoff?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-18-2019, (Subject: DPF core moved ) 
This is on a 2013 IH with 256K's (about 153 miles). Am almost certain this was the original DPF. What ever company made it should go back to making tea pots!! The difference in build quality of case to aftermarket replacement is substantial!! The original had rolled flanges vs rings that were welded on (and not by a human). The original had bushings tack welded in for sensors, where replacement had spigots welded in all the way around!!
Just to add - new DPF here was 4,956.00 plus 1,572.00 core charge for 6,528.39 cdn picked up at IH dealer 130 miles away vs for aftermarket 2,115.00 cdn, no core charge and delivered!!!!
replyreply
Hey, teapots are important. Dont u send more idiots to the tepot industry.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
Oh and theres an outstanding way to make sure ur dpf stays shiny, clean and unmoved... i find they work better when relocated under a workbench somewhere.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , schISM , Hammerhead
(02-18-2019 )flatfoot Wrote:  This is on a 2013 IH with 256K's (about 153 miles). Am almost certain this was the original DPF. What ever company made it should go back to making tea pots!! The difference in build quality of case to aftermarket replacement is substantial!! The original had rolled flanges vs rings that were welded on (and not by a human). The original had bushings tack welded in for sensors, where replacement had spigots welded in all the way around!!
Just to add - new DPF here was 4,956.00 plus 1,572.00 core charge for 6,528.39 cdn picked up at IH dealer 130 miles away vs for aftermarket 2,115.00 cdn, no core charge and delivered!!!!

I have seen hundreds of OEM cummins DOC, DPF, and SCR cans for the ISX. None of which are anything like what you describe. Also, most of the aftermarket cans I have seen are half the price for a good reason,.. they have half the rare metals in them and usually don't work worth a damn.

What make/model/year engine?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
If the core is inferior, what will a person notice or what problems have you seen arise??
replyreply
(02-18-2019 )flatfoot Wrote:  If the core is inferior, what will a person notice or what problems have you seen arise??

it will need a regen more often and the numbers will not stay low as well. Seen a few guys with them already.

on trucks with SCr, the nox alarms will happen more frequently + it will use a bit more DEF when comparing them to a new OEM unit.

They are also as illegal as running without one unless the company selling them has spent the $90,000+ to get the certs for it where they get tested and pass stringent EPA testing.

Just a word of caution that pushing the use of after-market products on this forum is not taken lightly. This especially when it comes to engine parts, high dollar items, or systems that are critical to the performance or safety of the truck. So if your here to promote some after-market DPF system you will need to go do that crap somewhere else.

replyreply
Guess I have been told!!
Sorry for sharing
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.