Overhead HELP
02-17-2019, (Subject: Overhead HELP ) 
Overhead HELP
I’m looking online for tools for an overhead but it keeps bringing up crows feet. I have a 870 ISX and I’m gathering tools to do a overhead. Can someone please direct me in the right path on where to get a 19 and 13mm flare but socket? Is these the correct ones for an 870? I’ve been reading up on hammerheads tools needed and I’m trying to get these. Thanks
Also I’ve been reading up on doing the adjustments myself via Rawze’s YouTube’s and others and it seams pretty knowledgeable and I understand the doing it when the engine is not warmed up.
What kind of things can I look forward to on doing it myself and learning and NOT messing things up. ? Please help and thanks again
Ps - so far I’ve got the feeler gauges and the wrenches on amazon but I travel a lot with tools. Is the needle kind good for this because of vibration or should I get the other long handle dial kind for the 8nm?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201902/post_3566_1550414333_2629a4ca648124b46a15bda1ae7aba9d.png
replyreply
RE: Overhead HELP
I don't know what a flare but socket is but I know you'll need regular sockets and a crows foot.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bryanluster1
Some discussions was that crows foot slips so I wasn’t for sure on this. But thanks for the reply
replyreply
As low of ftlb values we torque the nuts to i have never had a crowsfoot slip.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bryanluster1
Vibration? Go up a size. There us a 0-30 and a 0-35 cdi available in 3/8. Can use it to set the valve cover.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
Bad vibration when I use jakes. I have mounts for motor but I’m waiting till spring so I can yank rad out at the same time then replace front motor mount as new rad is going in. But I’m a new learner on doing things myself and I’m trying to use common sense as they happen. Watching YouTube’s of rawze and if I can get any pointers will be much appreciated.
replyreply
(02-17-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  Vibration? Go up a size. There us a 0-30 and a 0-35 cdi available in 3/8. Can use it to set the valve cover.

I was meaning would vibration mess the needle up? Most of my tools run with the truck.
replyreply
Never thought of that. It comes in a nice case.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
02-18-2019, (Subject: Overhead HELP ) 
(02-17-2019 )Bryanluster1 Wrote:  Some discussions was that crows foot slips so I wasn’t for sure on this. But thanks for the reply

sounds like some narcistic dipsh$it social medai garbage opinions from complete morons you have been listening to. - <- that is exactly why I don't allow idiots like that on my forum.

here is the set I use...
https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Crows-Foot...way&sr=8-8

and here is a cheaper set...
https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Piece-...ay&sr=8-21

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.