cm2250 egr cooler leak need advice
02-18-2019, (Subject: cm2250 egr cooler leak need advice ) 
cm2250 egr cooler leak need advice
ok so im tuned and deleted. 99% sure egr cooler is leaking. since its not in use anymore what are my options? dont like the idea of buying a new one if its disabled anyway... (disabled as in egr is unplugged only)

thanks!
replyreply
RE: cm2250 egr cooler leak need advice
Taking it off and having plugs welded into each end?...just make sure they use high grade stainless steel at least 1/4 inch thick....might be a better way...I'm not sure
replyreply
RE: cm2250 egr cooler leak need advice
Assuming you live on a country where that stuff is legal, buy a new one, or weld shut the exhaust side of it (not the coolant passages),.. do not block coolant flow through it.

You could also just buy a new one and count the blessings that you have no more EGR issues (hopefully you have programming that has been verified/done by someone recommended on this forum so that your not trading dpf problems with repeating engine failure problems) ... It is rare that the OE cooler will leak (unless abused or installed incorrectly), that it is probably worth buying another just to keep the truck as stock as possible.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.