New CPL# for rebuild
02-28-2019, (Subject: New CPL# for rebuild ) 
RE: New CPL# for rebuild
(02-28-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  I highly doubt anyone can see a couple thou by eye...only sure way is to set the new liners and press them into the block with a liner press then measure them eith a dial indicator....just looking into a block and saying thats good just wont cut it in todays high tolerance engines.
just looking at it bare eyes no dial indicator. That’s funny. Can Superman even see a half a thousands difference between holes. Most machanics can’t do the math to cut counter bores. That’s why there machanics. Cutting counter bores is a little beyond the normal shop. Only the best are gonna do it. I just had a Cummins reman that had cracks in the counter bores. It looked to be put together that way.
replyreply
03-21-2019, (Subject: New CPL# for rebuild ) 
I had to deal with a mechanic just like that if not worse.... trust me, take it somewhere else my friend. You can't trust ppl that dont want to do what they are getting paid for, the mechanic that i had my at truck. ppl were telling me he is a great guy and mechanic... not so much of ether to be fair and honest. He told me the didnt need to cut the counter bores. absolutely refused, but everyone else could clearly tell what is going on. Hopefully you are in a better financial situation then i was when i got here, i pray it all works out for you!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
03-21-2019, (Subject: New CPL# for rebuild ) 
(02-19-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-19-2019 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Please excuse my ignorance. But how are people installing the heads to the point of cracking? I’ve seen some with cracks between valves and a couple times at the injector hole, but all had over 500k miles on em. Maybe improper torque sequence or maybe debris on the deck surface?

I've seen plenty that had cracked, like you said, usually between the valve seats, or between the 2 exhaust valves after high hp horrible (big-name delete tuning) programming was installed.

Even saw some pictures of one that the deck was not cleaned properly too. The same hack-job idiots used some kind of rtv on the chineese knock-off head gasket to boot.

I think even snail-express lost an engine (not the head though) due to some morons using rtv where they shouldn't have once -- could have very well been the same outfit.

You like to put some salt on wounds :big_smile2:

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.