New CPL# for rebuild
02-21-2019, (Subject: New CPL# for rebuild ) 
RE: New CPL# for rebuild
(02-21-2019 )NoTime Wrote:  ...

And on the gear change thing I understand going from my 3.55 to a 3.90 would get you going faster from a dead stop but how does it really help on hills? Once you hit that hill and rpms start dropping how is the 3.90 going to be any better without slowing down as much than say a 3.36?

It will help a bunch compared to those 3:36's. Those tall gears cannot get out of their own way once your loaded, and cause the engine to fall off in rpm too quickly, dropping HP like a rock when you hit any kind of hill. -- Horsepower is what does work,.. not simply torque. HP is torque + RPM combined,.. Get that engine spinning at 1650+ and a better gear ratios, it will pull those hills much much better without nearly the amount of speed losses + save you a bunch of fuel when loaded.

Maybe some of those super-B guys who haul a whole lot more weights than you do will chime in, I am sure they would agree.

Ask any of the guys from Aussie-land on here pulling 50x what we pull over here + 90~% engine loads for the entire lifetime of the engine, and they will all tell you that the ISX will pull its best and last its longest at 1650~ RPM's, and that it will beat itself to death in short order below about 1350 or so .. They figured that out the hard way long long ago and gear all their trucks as such.

As far as the HP, crack heads thing,.. SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS DOING SOMETHING VERY WRONG if that shop / your friends are getting cracked OEM heads,... Most likely bad de-mandate programming + bad gearing for the application (beating the hell out of the engine at 1200rpm and lower),.. Bad programming it is a plague that too many people are in denial over as they have been duped into that horrible mod-scene bad-programming + falsehoods of tall gear saves fuel complete bulls#it crap like sheep in the slaughter-house.

Here is the latest fine example of how bad just about every shop out there really is when put to the test ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid35602

its called the bad delete club and it sounds just like your friends and that shop doing that work are squarely caught in its grip...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

Tell those guys whit the de-mandate programming they need to have their (likely horrible) programming looked at for a second opinion. That is where you will likely find the 'flaw' -- In the in the head (also in the truck owners head) for getting duped into a bad de-mandate (+ possibly combined with bad driving habits by using bad gearing?) for what is being done.. or in the head of the engine from the programs tearing them up repeatedly. -- Don't so be quick to blame engine part failures until you have ruled out some horrible f$ker's hack-job garbage programming,.. because 99.9% of the time,.. that is exactly what is wrong,.. i have seen it hundreds of times on here, and when helping others. This is especially the case with those expensive big-name delete shops out there,.. and most if not just about all of the smaller shops that do that stuff copy the big-name bad methods, spreading that horrible crap like it is todays fresh apple pie, all with an alligator smile and an open hand on your wallet.

- Good/safe de-mandate can be done correctly,.. It is just damned difficult to find anyone willing to do it 100% the right way using the right methods + using up to date established quality programming. I only know of a couple places/people that I could say qualify for this and it is not because I want to promote them, they are already too busy to help people half the time as it is, .. it is simply the way things are unfortunately.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
New CPL# for rebuild - NoTime - 02-18-2019,
RE: New CPL# for rebuild - Rawze - 02-21-2019
RE: New CPL# for rebuild - Unilevers - 02-26-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.