New CPL# for rebuild
02-21-2019, (Subject: New CPL# for rebuild ) 
RE: New CPL# for rebuild
(02-21-2019 )NoTime Wrote:  And on the gear change thing I understand going from my 3.55 to a 3.90 would get you going faster from a dead stop but how does it really help on hills? Once you hit that hill and rpms start dropping how is the 3.90 going to be any better than say a 3.36?

It makes a big difference...

The best way I can put it is to compare it to an 18 speed mountain bike. Even if you're feeling your oats climbing that hill, standing up on the pedals to maintain speed in such a tall ratio, you'll find that clicking a few cogs down and maybe peddling a little faster is easier on you and saves your stamina in the end.

I'm either 90k or 30klbs. This last truck I bought I settled for the 3.55's that it came with and just that little difference from the 3.70-3.90 I was looking for makes a huge difference in top gear cruise RPM and where it's happiest.

All I can tell you is to take this all in, spec the truck for what it does and to quote a radio personality, "live like no one else so later you can live like no one else."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
New CPL# for rebuild - NoTime - 02-18-2019,
RE: New CPL# for rebuild - Moose - 02-21-2019
RE: New CPL# for rebuild - Unilevers - 02-26-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.