New CPL# for rebuild
02-22-2019, (Subject: New CPL# for rebuild ) 
RE: New CPL# for rebuild
I’m kinda in Waterloo’s shoes. Bought a truck with a supposedly Cummins complete reman. Even had air compressor. Year and a half later it drops a valve. I tear into find out the head is China. The engine is all marked up with white markings like a local repair, liner heights were at .010. Which is higher end of Cummins specs. Liner shims weren’t in true and we’re barley contacting by looking at the shim. And the counter bores were cracked. Two of the holes I had to cut .060 to clean up. Cummins isx has issues. They can be rectified but I wouldn’t be at a Cummins shop to get things done right. Sorry to tell you that because your already committed. The only hope I can see for you is to leave the hp fairly tame and Cruise rpm needs to be 1500 ish. Don’t lug it. Change oil 10-15 thousand depending on fuel usage. Oil bypass filter if keeping mandate. Thank God for this forum and the information these guys share with us.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Tootall , LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
New CPL# for rebuild - NoTime - 02-18-2019,
RE: New CPL# for rebuild - Magard - 02-22-2019
RE: New CPL# for rebuild - Unilevers - 02-26-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.