Driving lights
02-23-2019, (Subject: Driving lights ) 
Driving lights
Want to add driving lights to my 2010 prostar. Some trucks came factory with them....I don't see a plug in the harness...does anyone know if the light harness is different ?
replyreply
02-23-2019, (Subject: Driving lights ) 
RE: Driving lights
Please don't.

Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia , Chamberpains , Waterloo , DosGatos , Volvo8873 , barf , redbeard
02-24-2019, (Subject: Driving lights ) 
I would not waste the time or money. Mine were always getting blown out with stones, and they never worked to my satisfaction, they would get out of alignment and were only good at blinding on coming traffic. Mine are gone, and I do not miss them one bit in my 2008 ProStar.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , fargonaz
Please don't. x2.... I hate most of them as most are out of alignment(cus most don't take care of them) and just don't put the light where it needs to be. I've see some that just shine off into the sky and they still have them on :(

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo
I always want to take my sledgehammer to all these aftermarket lights.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo , redbeard , snailexpress
I have seen a couple trucks in the last year with a LED light bar that is on at night?!? WTF!!!

I flicker my high beams at one this summer and they just turn their high beams on and leave them on. I had to slow wayyyy down on a highway just so to prevent a accident from happening. I have factory driving lights on my one truck that is parked and intend to get rid of them when I get to work on it this summer.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
All those LED bars are for off road purposes only. They work more like a floodlight than a headlight beam. So they are counterproductive to seeing what's up ahead at highway speeds. I'd love to hear more stories of DOT officers handing out tickets for having the facing forward and being uncovered then handing guys a hammer and instructing them to smash them.

Much like Virginia does when they catch you using radar detectors. You'd better believe they make you place them in front of your tires then instruct you to pull foward.
replyreply
(02-24-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I would not waste the time or money. Mine were always getting blown out with stones, and they never worked to my satisfaction, they would get out of alignment and were only good at blinding on coming traffic. Mine are gone, and I do not miss them one bit in my 2008 ProStar.

ditto - word for word, except 2009 ProStar.
replyreply
I guess I'm getting old, at least my eyes are... These new LED headlamps are bad enough when coming at you, and these fog lights are ten times worse in most instances, especially those GD LED Off Road light bars. I would like to swing my Mossberg out the driver side window and take care of the matter for good. Not a fan in the least.

I wish the troopers would start yanking these guys to the side of the road and ticketing them, as these lights are getting beyond ridiculous and are quite honestly dangerous for other motorists. Like others have said, I have lost count of the times I have had to slow down due to literally being blinded. Not cool, and not safe.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rounded_nut

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.