Curious questions
03-01-2019, (Subject: Curious questions ) 
RE: Curious questions
(02-28-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  I love the example of riding a bike..is it easier on you to go up that hill in top gear or a lower gear? I know from experience my legs appreciate the lower gear and pumping fast than a high gear and struggling to keep it moving

Ten four copy that! I stopped racing trucks up hill. Well, since I’m paying the fuel bill now. Lol.
I usually pull a hill 25 miles an hour with plenty of room to shift up a gear but I don’t. If I’m loaded light , then I’ll do a kool 35. I’m happy with the fuel I save.
Thank you for your response to my question.
replyreply
(02-28-2019 )the missing link Wrote:  Do you have more power in 5th or 8th ?

Don’t know how to reply to this question?
I have a ISX15 400 that’s been bumped to 480.
I have to get back into the truck next week to answer this question.
Thank you for replying !
replyreply
(02-28-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 )rraccerr Wrote:  2014 t680 with a ISX 15 400 Cummins. Two questions i would need help with.

1. My sweet spot on my rpm meter is at 1300 rpm. That’s where I keep my engine running over the road. But I read that an ISX should be kept at 1650-1800 to get best performance, is this true? And if so, should I forget about that sweet spot indicator?

there is no "sweet spot". 1300 is too low rpm for pulling power (when you need a lot of boost). it is better to have it in higher rpm range - 1660 or so when pulling hard. - When not pulling hard, it is better to use the lower rpm.. it changes with loads and terrain and requirements.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid24378

Thank you!
I’m assuming you mean to keep it at 1660 when I’m loaded on flat terrain, but curious as to what rpm when not pulling hard. Seems like I ask a lot of questions, but I want to learn.
By the way, thanks for what you created.hats off!
replyreply
03-02-2019, (Subject: Curious questions ) 
(02-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You're gonna want to search Cummins Insite version 7.6.2 and a cummins Inline 5 or 6 adapter. The adapters usually come with the Insite software but you'll want to make sure it comes with version 7.6.2 stay away from version 8 and above or newer for they are paid subscription. You'll also want a laptop with windows 7 or newer. It is a tool now so have it dedicated to your truck diagnosing software only.

Cheapest way to collect all the above would be clean up and clean install an old laptop someone may have and go to eBay (chinese knockoffs are working just fine for a lot of us) or google search the adapter for the Inline adapter. You can spend a couple hundred $$ and be up and running real easy.

How much this insite cost?
I search on the Ebay but couldn't find this version.
replyreply
Rraccerr what tranny do you have. A 10 is hard to do exactly what you want to cause you have close to 600rpm shifts so sometimes you’re gonna be pulling at a rpm you really don’t like. The liner shims suck in these engines so just start a rebuild fund. Your gonna need it. Also plan your overhaul so you have control of the work or get it to some of the guys on this forum. Don’t be a victim of some shi#t hole shop, I mean dealer, I mean some delete shop with there different stages of bend over.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rraccerr
(03-02-2019 )alborz Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You're gonna want to search Cummins Insite version 7.6.2 and a cummins Inline 5 or 6 adapter. The adapters usually come with the Insite software but you'll want to make sure it comes with version 7.6.2 stay away from version 8 and above or newer for they are paid subscription. You'll also want a laptop with windows 7 or newer. It is a tool now so have it dedicated to your truck diagnosing software only.

Cheapest way to collect all the above would be clean up and clean install an old laptop someone may have and go to eBay (chinese knockoffs are working just fine for a lot of us) or google search the adapter for the Inline adapter. You can spend a couple hundred $$ and be up and running real easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-INLINE-...rk:27:pf:0

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rraccerr , Beaver
Those bars in the dash are set by the truck manufacturer. They can be adjusted to any rpm range. Do yourself a favor and ignore them or shut them off. Search this forum for hypermiler and things associated with driving styles. You'll learn how to properly use your equipment to move freight for profit instead of working the guts out of it by racing around and lugging the life out of the engine.

Know that small gains in truck operation savings in the right areas are huge by the end of the year.
replyreply
(03-02-2019 )alborz Wrote:  

Ebay doesn't have just copies of Insite alone anymore. They bundle it with the Inline adapters and other diagnostic hardware. Its hard to sell the software alone because its been pirated and posted free all over the internet. (Other auto forums, torrents and places of the such)

Alibaba sometimes has copies for sale of the software alone. But you'll still need the Inline adapter to make it work with the truck.
replyreply
rracerr, I've read twice that you have you truck "bumped up" from 400 to 480hp. Have you read the nightmares posted on here with guys having things bumped up by both OEM shops and "reputable shops" only to find out the hard expensive way that the calibration was completely wrong or done very very poorly? I hope you had it bumped up by one of the recommended people or shops on here. Other than that you have a good chance something is wrong with the calibration.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.