Curious questions
03-02-2019, (Subject: Curious questions ) 
RE: Curious questions
(02-28-2019 )the missing link Wrote:  Do you have more power in 5th or 8th ?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , redbeard , JMBT , bubbanbrenda
03-03-2019, (Subject: Curious questions ) 
(02-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You're gonna want to search Cummins Insite version 7.6.2 and a cummins Inline 5 or 6 adapter. The adapters usually come with the Insite software but you'll want to make sure it comes with version 7.6.2 stay away from version 8 and above or newer for they are paid subscription. You'll also want a laptop with windows 7 or newer. It is a tool now so have it dedicated to your truck diagnosing software only.

Cheapest way to collect all the above would be clean up and clean install an old laptop someone may have and go to eBay (chinese knockoffs are working just fine for a lot of us) or google search the adapter for the Inline adapter. You can spend a couple hundred $$ and be up and running real easy.

I found a site that sells what you mentioned. The other sites want to include the newer version of insite. Haven’t searched eBay yet. I’ll do that ASAP.
Thank you
replyreply
(03-02-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Rraccerr what tranny do you have. A 10 is hard to do exactly what you want to cause you have close to 600rpm shifts so sometimes you’re gonna be pulling at a rpm you really don’t like. The liner shims suck in these engines so just start a rebuild fund. Your gonna need it. Also plan your overhaul so you have control of the work or get it to some of the guys on this forum. Don’t be a victim of some shi#t hole shop, I mean dealer, I mean some delete shop with there different stages of bend over.

I don’t know what tranny I have. I have a thirteen speed. And yes I am planning on doing a overhaul when I feel the engine is totally gone. I do have a rough idle right now. I’m in the process of getting a inline six with a insite software. I been watching Rawze do his overhaul on utube and I want to diagnose all problems that flash on my dash. Right now i have a SCRproblem. And I’m registered with Cummins to view their service Manuel’s.
replyreply
(03-02-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(03-02-2019 )alborz Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You're gonna want to search Cummins Insite version 7.6.2 and a cummins Inline 5 or 6 adapter. The adapters usually come with the Insite software but you'll want to make sure it comes with version 7.6.2 stay away from version 8 and above or newer for they are paid subscription. You'll also want a laptop with windows 7 or newer. It is a tool now so have it dedicated to your truck diagnosing software only.

Cheapest way to collect all the above would be clean up and clean install an old laptop someone may have and go to eBay (chinese knockoffs are working just fine for a lot of us) or google search the adapter for the Inline adapter. You can spend a couple hundred $$ and be up and running real easy.

How much this insite cost?
I search on the Ebay but couldn't find this version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-INLINE-...rk:27:pf:0

I found this one for $204.00
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/INLINE-6...22923.html
replyreply
I’m just scared of getting a key gen for the insite software. I noticed that Rawze used a cd to apply it to his computer. Is using a key gen good?
replyreply
(03-02-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Rraccerr what tranny do you have. A 10 is hard to do exactly what you want to cause you have close to 600rpm shifts so sometimes you’re gonna be pulling at a rpm you really don’t like. The liner shims suck in these engines so just start a rebuild fund. Your gonna need it. Also plan your overhaul so you have control of the work or get it to some of the guys on this forum. Don’t be a victim of some shi#t hole shop, I mean dealer, I mean some delete shop with there different stages of bend over.

I would like to degrade the def thing on the engine But Rawze book helped with me not choosing to do it. That’s why I’m putting effort into learning how to make the truck run right with it:sleepy:
replyreply
(03-02-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Those bars in the dash are set by the truck manufacturer. They can be adjusted to any rpm range. Do yourself a favor and ignore them or shut them off. Search this forum for hypermiler and things associated with driving styles. You'll learn how to properly use your equipment to move freight for profit instead of working the guts out of it by racing around and lugging the life out of the engine.

Know that small gains in truck operation savings in the right areas are huge by the end of the year.

Ten four copy! Thank you a truck load. Lol I’ll get to that ASAP. Right now I’m home with the babe and my time here is suppose to be her time. Shhhhhhh! While she’s in the bathroom, I’m posting. Lol. Thanks again
replyreply
(03-02-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  rracerr, I've read twice that you have you truck "bumped up" from 400 to 480hp. Have you read the nightmares posted on here with guys having things bumped up by both OEM shops and "reputable shops" only to find out the hard expensive way that the calibration was completely wrong or done very very poorly? I hope you had it bumped up by one of the recommended people or shops on here. Other than that you have a good chance something is wrong with the calibration.

I bought the truck from Phoenix inland kenworth dealer. Before I picked it up, the work was ordered. I just became a member last week so I have yet to explore other post on this subject. Thanks for the info:blush:
replyreply
(03-03-2019 )rraccerr Wrote:  

I would like to degrade the def thing on the engine But Rawze book helped with me not choosing to do it. That’s why I’m putting effort into learning how to make the truck run right with it:sleepy:
Most everyone ditches the mandate sooner or later. Usually right before it breaks them. Spend money getting your overhaul done right. Counter bores at .014 are a must. The shims need to be customized. There is room to make them wider. I would go to some that can do this work. Cummins spec. is like .010. I’m not a machanic but I’m getting a $25000 education by big red right now. I’m catching on fast.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rraccerr

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.