Long term effects of oil pump shimming?
02-28-2019, (Subject: Long term effects of oil pump shimming? ) 
Long term effects of oil pump shimming?
Has anyone noticed any negative effects of shimming their oil pump after running that way 100, 200, 300K?
How about any specific to the CM2250?

Thanks

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Long term effects of oil pump shimming?
I just did my 2250. No answers for you. I put 6 dimes. Uni. Says probably won’t see much increases in pressure I wasn’t wanting to be to far outside the box.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
My 871 recon has been shimmed since maybe it had 60k miles. Gearhead did it for me. It runs about 45-50psi. Got over 500k miles on it now, 12,000 hours. No issues
replyreply
Funny thing is Cummings has a service bulletin out on their cast steel oil pump they are carrying about 50 psi ..SO even cummins raised it some.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rawze , DSTdriver , Waterloo , Brock
Thanks guys, I thought I might do mine soon when I hit 750K. I plan to drop the pan, for rods and mains and figured that would be a good time to shim the pump. Just wanted some of your thoughts on the idea.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Mine has 945,000 on it. Been shimmed for 330,000 of that. No complaints.
replyreply
(02-28-2019 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Funny thing is Cummings has a service bulletin out on their cast steel oil pump they are carrying about 50 psi ..SO even cummins raised it some.

I think the red engine maker follows my forum...lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Signature620 , redbeard , Waterloo , Hammerhead , CANNONBALL , Brock
03-01-2019, (Subject: Long term effects of oil pump shimming? ) 
(02-28-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Funny thing is Cummings has a service bulletin out on their cast steel oil pump they are carrying about 50 psi ..SO even cummins raised it some.

I think the red engine maker follows my forum...lol

i saw the new pump bulletin with higher pressures and the first thing i thought - THE RED ENGINE MAKER HAS INFILTRATED US RUN FOR THE HILLS!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver , JMBT , Rawze , redbeard , Waterloo , Magard , Mrkentee , CANNONBALL , Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.