OAT problem CM2250
02-28-2019, (Subject: OAT problem CM2250 ) 
OAT problem CM2250
Today my 2012 KW t660 said it was 157 degrees F outside (actually it was mid 30s) then later displayed (--) . I expected I would see the amber engine light come on shortly after but it never did. Started tinkering with it and disconnected the mirror OAT harness amber engine light come on, ohmed it out read .6xx something ?. Plugged back up still the dash red --. So I hooked up insite to see what the engine was seeing , OEM OAT 211 F. Then I disconnected the probe it read 111 F. I've ordered a new probe at 185 bucks but I m not thinking it's the root cause. I wonder if anyone here has this problem yet and what they found??? Having said that the truck seems to be running fine and strong but I wonder if fuel schedule is compromised. I'll post back after I get the new probe . Thanks
replyreply
03-02-2019, (Subject: OAT problem CM2250 ) 
RE: OAT problem CM2250
The new probe fixed the problem, sad it couldn't have cost more than 3 dollars. I even had to splice it in. 187 bucks is a ripoff. I would like to know how important out side air temperature is to engine programming both on a OEM level and custom tuning ? May not be important at all but it will trip a code.
A big Thank you to Rawze and all the poeple that have worked so hard to share knowledge keep us in business!
replyreply
The oat should have 0 Todo with engine the temps that matter are fuel temp, water temp, and air temp at the imap and maybe turbo inlet
replyreply
(03-02-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  The oat should have 0 Todo with engine the temps that matter are fuel temp, water temp, and air temp at the imap and maybe turbo inlet

actually, the isx uses it to help calc things like heat soak, CAC efficiency, oxygen content (combined with the altitude sensor), and a few others.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ok to used to car world where it's just a feature. Thanks for the correction
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.