Multiple emissions codes and probably wrong calibration.
03-09-2019, (Subject: Multiple emissions codes and probably wrong calibration. ) 
RE: Multiple emissions codes and probably wrong calibration.
Build your ait right up , turn truck off.
Turn your key on , don't start.
Open hood , grab a 3 foot or whatever bar and a hammer . It should not take much.
Smack the fan clutch a few times and you should hear it release .
It should free turn by hand .

Make sure before you do this you make sure you are getting air to the clutch first .
I found the easiest way on my n14 was from the top.
I had to do that a few times and it never stuck again .
The truck starts twice a year now and doesn't stick.

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rilloroc
04-08-2019, (Subject: Multiple emissions codes and probably wrong calibration. ) 
Fan clutch is definitely bad. Also, after about a week of good fortune, my familiar trouble codes started coming back. Started with 3911, 4152, 6655, and 2771. These are the same ones that have been plaguing me for a year. Now I have a 0285 and 3714 and I am running at a level 2 derate. Getting fantastic fuel mileage though so I got that going for me.
replyreply
04-08-2019, (Subject: Multiple emissions codes and probably wrong calibration. ) 
If someone could maybe PM me a link to my calibration, that would be awesome. 10154. My Google fu isn't good enough to allow me to unzip the calibration from incal.
replyreply
Can you and have you monitored the nox sensor outputs with Insite. They are abnormal update rates. I would sit and stare for awhile to see what they are putting out and what looks to abnormal about them. Write down numbers as the appear so you can keep track. A pattern may come out of it that gets you looking in the right direction.

Also, what do you need to unzip your cal for? Just curious. I think Winzip and a password will get the job done. There are instructions on here somewhere and they have it out on the interwebs if you know where to look.
replyreply
The only thing I could find on getting out of this maximum derate so I can get the rest of the way home says I have to refresh or update the ecm.
Edit: and finding the password to unzip the calibration so I can use it on 7.6.2 is beyond me.
replyreply
If you have the incal disc or file, then all you have to do is load it on with Insite. Or if you acquired a digital copy of the Incal disc, then you need a program like PowerIso to mount to a temporary drive and update it from there. What exactly are you working with?
replyreply
The incal files I have are the February 2019 downloads from the cummins site but my insite is 7.6.2
replyreply
(04-08-2019 )Rilloroc Wrote:  The only thing I could find on getting out of this maximum derate so I can get the rest of the way home says I have to refresh or update the ecm.

re-flash will only get u 250 miles at a time. - You can get same result if u just reset the DPF with a maintenence reset, see it done before. but the reset has to be done in a certian order for it to work if i remember right.

some guys claim they have unpluged their tailshaft speed sensor and limped them too, but i have not verified this trick myself.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I finally managed to get her home. Longest day I've had in a while. I don't have a lot of options in this town. Either cummins or the one independent shop. Im lost myself as to how to find the problem.
I've tried working through the troubleshooting tree. This is the first time the codes stayed active long enough to fully derate it. Usually it will only say derate for a minute or two, everyday or every other day. Maybe now an experienced person will be able to chase it down.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.