Gearing/info seeking
03-03-2019, (Subject: Gearing/info seeking ) 
RE: Gearing/info seeking
the #1 factor in fuel economy is the driver. Fix the nut behind the wheel (the driver) most of all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Well I try not to drive like a fruitcake. We've been 200-300ft apart same load he's pulling 12-15lbs boost I'm at 20-25 maintaining 65 in what appears to be flat roads with about 10mph head wind both of us are midroofs my truck weighs about 1k lbs more empty
replyreply
What are your RPM’s when you split the top? My 2011 with a 3.55 13 speed is 1600ish rpm in top gear split down at 63 64 65 MPH. That is what I run at all times when I am fully loaded.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
I'm 1500ish at 65 In 12th
replyreply
Do you drive with cruise control or your foot? 90% of my driving is by foot because the damned cruise control is way too aggressive at accelerating to keep a certain speed. Start using your foot feed all the time. You'll find very quickly that a lot of little hills don't need throttle if you simply sacrifice a couple MPH to get over it and you can regain the lost speed at a much more fuel efficient rate on the downhill side. Often times you can pop it out of gear (oog) and coast over the hills never using more than idle fuel to crest the hill compared to the cruise controls manic need to keep your MPH at the set point. Start using the terrain to your wallets advantage. Coasting down hills to get up and over the next without ever touching the accelerator. Always remember safety 1st and above all else. Accidents and run aways are game over moments. But there is a lot of ground out there that you can safely move freight without the truck in gear.
Driving with the terrain and oog a lot keeps my 06 International 9400i w/ cm870 pulling open air freight on a stepdeck up in the the high 6 low 7 mpg average and often seeing high 7's when im out on the flats away from the east coast mountains. Seeing anything in the 5's is a thing of the past for well over a year because I corrected my driving habits. Unless I'm strictly in the god awful mountains of West Virginia. They are some real fuel milage killers. But even then, I keep on top of my game and keep it in gear all the time but still use the terrain to the best of my advantage. I see high 5's at absolute worst in those areas. High RPM's, low boost (try pulling any hill no matter how steep or long by using only 10 psi boost) in lower gears pulling hills as to not put strain on the engine or the drive train, not worrying about what speed I climb the hill, letting out of the throttle and possibly out of gear for a moment before I crest the hill and go up and over the top at slow speeds (like 10mph or slower sometimes) then very gently or using no throttle at all to regain speed on the down hill side.
replyreply
IDK I'm hoping the 2 cyls leaking exhaust were a big part of the problem I've gone through most everything else from leak checks on intake to all the new parts. It definitely runs better/smoother. Trucks just goofy I swear it pulls 10x better with 40k of pipe 13.6 high vs 46k shingles only 3-4ft off the deck. Pulled the 2 peices in pic from Omaha Nebraska to Indiana then marble for a hotel back to rapid City just b4 winter and right after mm tune got 6.5mpg cruise set 65. Haven't been close since.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
cruise control is a fuel-sucking enemy vs. a driver who knows how to save fuel + drive by their boost gauge.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Why not try your dad’s truck for a rounder and then both of you compare notes?
Let him drive your’s of course.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
I would die in his truck the t600 is built so poorly compared to my glorified longnose prostar. Im 6.2 and I can barely move in the 600 and 660 series vs be able to salsa dance in the prostar cab. But I've rode with him he drives harder than I and uses cruise running faster always In top gear. As far as wear engine had 1.2 or 1.3 mil at overhaul and only thing found was a bit of copper showing on cam bearings. His Truck still ran great just thought it was time for a refresh. Only problem his truck has is staying below 200 in summer month before and after overhaul.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.