Live engine data monitoring?
03-04-2019, (Subject: Live engine data monitoring? ) 
Live engine data monitoring?
Curious to know if anyone offers live data monitoring for Cummins (cm2350)? Basically a screen that has different parameters you could choose to live view (i.e. boost pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, pyro, etc). It would be great to have all that info in front of you when needed.

I don't have an issue with adding the gauges I need, but since the ECM already does this, it would be great to utilize the info it's capable of revealing. I believe one of the big "tuner" companies offer up a small data monitoring screen for big rigs, but the price is ridiculous.

Ideally, it would be nice to flush mount a 6-7" screen in the dash. Clean, simple and functional. I believe the "SmartNav" system on the Paccar trucks has the live monitoring and is similar to what I'd be looking for.

Thanks is advance...
replyreply
RE: Live engine data monitoring?
Installing an after-market boost and pyro is better, and more responsive than the engine data.

For troubleshooting, most ppl I have met just use insite + laptop or tablet to monitor that stuff.

No sense in over-thinking it.

If someone wanted to roll their own on the cheap ..
Arduino + tft screen comes to mind for things like monitoring oil, coolant, fuel, or other temps by way of tapping the analog feedback directly off the sensors. Just my own thoughts on that stuff any ways.

other than that, scangauge and roadrelay come to mind.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
FW Murphy, Gray Hill & VeeThree makes the displays you're talking about but, if you think that BD display is expensive take a look at those three.

I'd love to add the same thing to mine to watch a couple parameters that aren't too common but it's just cost prohibitive so I set my laptop up and do it that way.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Thanks for the replies. Moose, I'll check into those options you mentioned. I'd considered setting up the laptop for that same reason, but didn't know how it would fair out long term with day to day use.

Rawze, I definitely have a problem over thinking things..lol...I like to be proactive and not reactive, but sometimes I drive myself crazy! I have viewed the videos of the pyro and boost gauges you installed and those do seem to be nice and simple.

Now, if someone came out with a live data / ELD / good nav option, all on a clean in dash screen (less clutter), that all actually worked well together (wishful thinking), then I may just have to explore what they'd have to offer!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.