New Truck - X15 Advice
03-24-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
RE: New Truck - X15 Advice
I’m on board with demandating it and keeping it out of the dealers. I’m just not sure if it’s a good idea to do it too soon before any potential engine defects pop up.

Is rebuilding the fuel pump still a concern like it was with the 2250’s?

Thanks all for your help on this. I sure appreciate having a site like this to get unfiltered, honest information and criticism. Thanks Rawze, I’m sure it’s a lot of work and can seem thankless at times.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-25-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
(03-24-2019 )Camstyn Wrote:  I’m on board with demandating it and keeping it out of the dealers. I’m just not sure if it’s a good idea to do it too soon before any potential engine defects pop up.

Is rebuilding the fuel pump still a concern like it was with the 2250’s?

Thanks all for your help on this. I sure appreciate having a site like this to get unfiltered, honest information and criticism. Thanks Rawze, I’m sure it’s a lot of work and can seem thankless at times.

I would not even hesitate a visit to Mr Hagg... Most of your issues will be with emissions, end it ASAP. And yes, the fuel pump still needs to be rebuilt say every 400,000 miles. The good thing is Cummins isolated it so when it blows apart it does not destroy the motor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Camstyn
03-25-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
Mr Hagg does not demandate X15’s, I think he doesn’t mess with them at all. At least that’s what Caitlin told me. I’m in the market for a new truck because I need a double bunk and have ruled out an X15, because I won’t have anyone work on my truck other than Mr Hagg. I would demandate as soon as possible, I would rather save my bottom end from soot, and have peace of mind from the ominous CEL.

I think uni has demandates x15’s, but Canada is too far for me!
replyreply
03-26-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
Mr Hagg is about 3000 miles away from me, luckily Unilevers is a short 500 miles or so. He did a fantastic job with my CM870, I’ll definitely be going to him again, assuming he wants the work.
replyreply
03-26-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
your always welcome to come by and we can help you out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Camstyn , hhow55
04-30-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
Just picked up my X15 Performance 505 1850 yesterday, very nice response from it just bobtailing it home. I noticed they went with individual heads on the fuel pump so servicing it should be a breeze. Unfortunately it looks like the plunger spring and plunger itself is non serviceable as it comes out in one piece with the head, at least according to quickserve..
replyreply
04-30-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
hopefully with being informed how to drive a cummins from here youll do better than my dispatchers brother

2019 - 389 - X15 Perf Series - 565/2050 - 3.36 rears - 18sp - pulling flatbed.

hes struggling to get 5MPG vs the truck he traded which was a 379 3406B with 3.55s i dont know trans prob 13-18 and probably 500+HP that truck netted him 6.5MPG all day long with 1.3Mil on the clock without ever being opened up. now hes getting 5 so not only 3000+ truck payment but 1.5MPG more in fuel and DEF.

Its hard being the guy with 6MO O/O offering advice to guys that have driven for years for themselves. my dad just says "believe everything you see on the internet" when i tell him that cummins like the higher RPMs he says his just sounds like it wants to explode above 1500 (CM870). and offering advice to the other guys who just bought new Perf and Effic Series. no one wants to hear it. although the guy with the 389 did nonchalantly ask if my laptop can "fix" his truck but didnt ask about it further. i did say it can but i dont have the information for his engine but knew people who did.
replyreply
05-01-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
He needs to swap those gears, especially pulling a flat bed, which means heavy loads... Hope he can keep the liners in place. Sad.
replyreply
05-01-2019, (Subject: New Truck - X15 Advice ) 
Lonestar, I'll tell your dad he's way wrong in that 1500 RPM crap. The cm870's need more than the cm871's and newer, to be ran up to 1850 RPM's just for the fact that slow air actuated VG turbo needs the extra RPM's to cleanly shift in to the next gear with momentum and boost on your side. Mine loves the 1850 range and I've found better fuel mileage and lower EGT's going up that high.

He needs to run it up there for a couple weeks and he'll start to hear the engine liking it and sounding normal and feel his shifting and power being through his entire gears. Not just after he digs it up out of the low lugging RPM's he's using now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ZeroNthedark

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.