N14 Coolant In Oil
03-04-2019, (Subject: N14 Coolant In Oil ) 
N14 Coolant In Oil
Oil samples show 1100 ppm potassium. I pulled the valve covers and can see the milky color on the Jakes. Can also see it in the end of the blowby tube.

Lead shows 49 on the oil samples as well.

I purchased a block test kit and it shows no combustion in the cooling system.

Can it still be a head gasket?

What are the odds it's the air compressor or oil cooler?

I had the coolant lab tested and it is fine.

Can coolant leak from the injector seals on the N 14?
replyreply
03-05-2019, (Subject: N14 Coolant In Oil ) 
RE: N14 Coolant In Oil
Could be liner orings if the oil isnt getting into the radiator too.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bigtravelr
03-05-2019, (Subject: N14 Coolant In Oil ) 
(03-05-2019 )Signature620 Wrote:  Could be liner orings if the oil isnt getting into the radiator too.

Thanks for the response. We're going to pressure test with the oil pan off.
replyreply
03-19-2019, (Subject: N14 Coolant In Oil ) 
Pressure test with pan off revealed coolant coming down inside of #5 cylinder. The head was pulled the gasket looked good and there were no visible cracks on the head.

If the machine shop cant find a crack in the head what else should I look for?

Should I just replace this head and continue running it?

Do all three heads?

Or do a complete overhaul?

Engine has just under a million miles. Good oil pressure and uses a gallon of oil in about 3,000 miles.
replyreply
03-19-2019, (Subject: N14 Coolant In Oil ) 
Can coolant leak from the injector seals on the N 14?
Not sure about injector orings leaking, but I do know the injector cups can leak coolant. Where you having white smoke from exhaust?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
03-22-2019, (Subject: N14 Coolant In Oil ) 
(03-19-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Can coolant leak from the injector seals on the N 14?
Not sure about injector orings leaking, but I do know the injector cups can leak coolant. Where you having white smoke from exhaust?

No smoke.

The head was pressure tested at a local machine shop and passed.

Would pressure testing the head show a leaky injector cup?

Local mechanic says it's the gasket even though there is no visual sign of damage or irregularity on the head gasket.
replyreply
Does it push water out the radiator. You said water coming down the inside of liner. Are we talking piston side or block side of liner. Should be trying to hydrolock if it is coming down from cylinder.
replyreply
Is the liner pitted or crackked ????
replyreply
(03-22-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Does it push water out the radiator. You said water coming down the inside of liner. Are we talking piston side or block side of liner. Should be trying to hydrolock if it is coming down from cylinder.

Does not push any water from Radiator. The piston side of liner when the oil pan was dropped and pressure tester hooked to radiator. it's a very small amount.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.