Dpf needs cleaning, maintenance code
03-05-2019, (Subject: Dpf needs cleaning, maintenance code ) 
Dpf needs cleaning, maintenance code
Hey guys need some input... '14 389 2350 I'm getting the houred out code for my dpf needs cleaned. Numbers look ok and I am planning on getting ahold of Uni and getting this thing done. My question is since I'm going to be chewing this dpf up anyway would I be able to get away with cleaning it myself and saving the cash for now till I can get it demandated? Or should I poney up the money get it cleaned "properly", reset the dpf for now till I can set up a time with Uni? Or since the numbers look ok can I ignore the maintenance light for now or will that eventually shut me down? Hopefully won't be too long before I can get it "done"
replyreply
RE: Dpf needs cleaning, maintenance code
I should add that only reason I'm hesitant at the moment is I just had to pour some cash into my trailers so need a few trips to make up for it
replyreply
If your numbers are good (lower than 3) I wouldn't worry about it at all.If not you could spray it out with water if you know for SURE your gonna demandate it. The water will wash away the rare metals and basically ruin the dpf but it will clean it out enough that you should be able to reset it and run it for now. Just remember if you do this and then decide not to demandate, you'll be buying a dpf.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rednecktrucker01
(03-05-2019 )Rednecktrucker01 Wrote:  Hey guys need some input... '14 389 2350 I'm getting the houred out code for my dpf needs cleaned. Numbers look ok and I am planning on getting ahold of Uni and getting this thing done. My question is since I'm going to be chewing this dpf up anyway would I be able to get away with cleaning it myself and saving the cash for now till I can get it demandated? Or should I poney up the money get it cleaned "properly", reset the dpf for now till I can set up a time with Uni? Or since the numbers look ok can I ignore the maintenance light for now or will that eventually shut me down? Hopefully won't be too long before I can get it "done"

steakershits usually only charge a few hundred to bake em if you have pulled them off yourself.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Awesome thanks guys!! Yeah I just hate giving the stealers a penny if I can help it. If I had the time I'd be bobtailing to Uni's shop and get everything done just for the piece of mind but with a small company (just my dad and me) can't afford to take a week off and leave it all to him. On another note I can't express my thanks enough to you Rawze for doing everything you do for all of us out here just trying to make a living. I've always been fairly mechanically inclined but now I'm confident I can pull off mostly everything with this truck.
replyreply
03-06-2019, (Subject: Dpf needs cleaning, maintenance code ) 
You can blow the ash out with a rubber tipped blow gun. Go from hole to hole till you get mody of it out...just wear a dust mask...thats some fine particles in there.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.