The blowby out of my oil fill is massive
03-05-2019, (Subject: The blowby out of my oil fill is massive ) 
The blowby out of my oil fill is massive
Hi guys, I was checking things on my truck because my oil pressure has started dropping lately. After an oil change, my oil pressure is fine, but the more miles I put on it, the oil pressure slowly drops. I do a pm every 12k to 15k miles. After about 7k miles, the oil pressure has dropped about 5psi. Not sure if it's related, but I started my truck today and opened my oil fill cap. I was surprised to see so much fumes coming out. My truck runs very well and is still very good at fuel economy. I read somewhere that I may just need to flush my oil. Any suggestions??
replyreply
RE: The blowby out of my oil fill is massive
Year, engine, miles, emissions or not,. If no who's tune
replyreply
2010 peterbilt 386, 2009 Cummins isx 871, miles 660k, only 16.4k hours, still has all of the emissions
replyreply
#1 cause = soot problems clogging oil filters because the engine running bad...

If changing the oil/filters makes the pressure come back, it is a problem with the engine (running bad) making too much soot.

You need to make sure the truck does not have excess soot problems. Excess soot will build up in the motor and clog up the oil filters making the oil pressure drop off from its normal 35~ish going down the road to as low as 32 or less after 10,000 of maybe 12,000 miles or more. This is a very bad situation to be in and it will cause large amounts of excessive engine wear until the excess soot problem is fixed.

Not only does the excess soot issue/problems need repairing, but the engine needs some consecutive oil changed to flush out all the buildup too. Change the oil at 3,000 mile intervals for the next 3 or 4 oil changes to reverse the excess buildup + do whatever is necessary to fix the soot issues that caused it to begin with. Otherwise, you will just be driving it around with it eating the internals and packing up cross-channels/chew up cams.

here is some related info: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...18#pid6718

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you rawze!
replyreply
That was a very powerful article you wrote, I can definitely relate. I have been doing lots of research on the maintenance and repairs. It is alot to learn and keep up with, but I am determined to succeed in the way you were talking about!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.