HEST light on too often...
05-20-2016, (Subject: HEST light on too often... ) 
RE: HEST light on too often...
From my own personal experience, the parked or forced regen will almost always do better than a passive regen.
But passive regen is the one to pay attention to.
You need to see how often it's doing its thing on its own and what are the numbers. Also, is it asking for a regeneration or is it doing it by itself.
Just last week I worked on a truck that was doing a regen nearly every hour or two. What happened was he had a bad harness on the dpf and every time he hit a bump, the regen would interrupt. It would regen just enough to keep up untill the next time but never completed a full cycle. His numbers were pretty high too. We replaced the harness and problem solved.
One other thing I see is the catilest temps are pretty high I like to see that number around 5 to 6 hundred. What that tells me is that filter is probably toast or at the very least needs cleaning. Also, the doc outlet temp is not in sink with the doc inlet temp,again, may need cleaning at the very least.
Most of the time if doc temp goes over 1160 on most trucks,it will fail regen so watch for that. It's a indication that the doc temp sensor is bad or maybe the doser is over fueling or the turbo is out of calibration.
That's my advice for now, hope it helps.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HEST light on too often... - Unilevers - 05-16-2016,
RE: HEST light on too often... - Unilevers - 05-16-2016,
RE: HEST light on too often... - dbl overdrive - 05-20-2016
RE: HEST light on too often... - Unilevers - 06-27-2016,
RE: HEST light on too often... - Unilevers - 06-27-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.