HEST light on too often...
06-25-2016, (Subject: HEST light on too often... ) 
RE: HEST light on too often...
(06-20-2016 )Brock Wrote:  I've got a laptop with insite up and running now so it's time to figure this out....

Whenever I slowed down ad the exhaust temp light came on, I would get white smoke from under the hood. smelled like diesel. .. one of my exhaust gaskets for the doser was terrible out so I replaced it. bo smoke but problem still exists.

I'm wondering if the exhaust and constant regen may be related to the vgt code I am getting and am curious about what dbl overdrive said about the sensors...

I've got 2 questions.

To test if the sensors were causing issues from loose connection as stated... could I run a regen and wiggle wires to see if it cuts out anything?

Can I test the vg calibration with the actutor on the turbo? I've seen the videos on how to calibrate it but was wondering if there's any way to know if the calibrations the issue before removal? or do you just start from scratch...
Sorry I'm so late to the show. Lol.
I would just pull the harness and visually inspect it for melted or bare wires, while you have it off you should look at the connection on both the main harness and the dpf harness. Look closely on the main harness side for damage to the male pins if you see any it needs to be replaced with a new connection. DON'T be a tool and cut it and splice it that will only cause more issues down the road. Also look at the sensors for damage too.
On the actuator, you can monitor vgt command position and measured position with insite while driving, they should follow one another fairly close.
You have to remove the actuator to calibrate it no matter what. Just follow Rawze's video on that and pay attention to the part where he talks about the travel of the turbo.
With 91 counts though, I'm betting the actuator or turbo are bad.
Good luck friend. Keep us posted.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HEST light on too often... - Unilevers - 05-16-2016,
RE: HEST light on too often... - Unilevers - 05-16-2016,
RE: HEST light on too often... - dbl overdrive - 06-25-2016
RE: HEST light on too often... - Unilevers - 06-27-2016,
RE: HEST light on too often... - Unilevers - 06-27-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.