Load shedding
03-06-2019, (Subject: Load shedding ) 
Load shedding
I have a 2011 load shedding giving wierd results like load shedding but batteries read 12.9 volts at battery. And dash voltage reading 13.3 or 13.4 sometimes with same stuff running and other times 13.9 volts .
replyreply
RE: Load shedding
what kind of truck?

sounds like some grounding issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
2011 international prostar with isx 435[/b]

(03-06-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  what kind of truck?

sounds like some grounding issues.

[b]
replyreply
Same truck same issues. What rawze wrote. The wiring schematic lists the gound locations.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
03-07-2019, (Subject: Load shedding ) 
(03-06-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  Same truck same issues. What rawze wrote. The wiring schematic lists the gound locations.

Huh? Where is ground location?
replyreply
Find your build date and search navistar prostar electrical circuit to download the pdf. A few ground locations. Frame rail near batteries, engine block, firewall. Check the module itself under the dash hump. Trace the heavy power leads with an ohm meter to locate possible voltage drops. Get some electrical corrosion cleaner. I use Corrosion Block but there are others. If you clean the connections at a ground post, remove and clean the eyelets. (Brass parts brush or something) Don't just squirt some product. Somewhere you'll find weak connections between the battery (+,-) and load.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Had an 8600 last week, pretty much same as ProStar wiring etc. Voltgauge on dash jumping between 14 and about 15.8. High enough to turn on the light and beep the alarm.Took voltage at the alt. Solid 14.7 volts. Go to batts. Solid 12.3 volts. Hmm. Found the nut on the batt post side of the starter solenoid loose by almost a full turn. That post is used as a junction, has about 4 wires on it. Here's what I don't understand. No codes in DLB or Insite. No MIL light, nothing in dash display. Tightened, nut all good. Wonder if this is another one of NStars "ghost" diag items. There is one in AC and another one I can't think of at the moment.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DosGatos

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.