Egr cooler leak
03-06-2019, (Subject: Egr cooler leak ) 
Egr cooler leak
Cummins cm2350 2015 Pete 579. why does EGR cooler have liquid and damp soot a month after replacing with new Cummins part?
replyreply
RE: Egr cooler leak
Condensation possibly?
replyreply
EGR circuits and dampness from condensation go hand in hand, especially in cold weather and during engine warmup. Make sure it is not simply that. Not sure about the CM2350's, but on my CM871 egr circuit, I have seen as much as 1/2 cup of water/condensate (clearly not coolant) come out of the egr while working on the enigne and things partially disconnected.

Also, if the EGR cooler was not installed properly, it can get leaky again...

Pressurize the coolant system to 20-psi and let it sit over night with the back elbow removed from the EGR cooler. See if it is flooded with coolant the next day.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-07-2019, (Subject: Egr cooler leak ) 
(03-06-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  EGR circuits and dampness from condensation go hand in hand, especially in cold weather and during engine warmup. Make sure it is not simply that. Not sure about the CM2350's, but on my CM871 egr circuit, I have seen as much as 1/2 cup of water/condensate (clearly not coolant) come out of the egr while working on the enigne and things partially disconnected.

Also, if the EGR cooler was not installed properly, it can get leaky again...

Pressurize the coolant system to 20-psi and let it sit over night with the back elbow removed from the EGR cooler. See if it is flooded with coolant the next day.

Thanks!! Very good to know about condensation possibility...have the rad pressurized now...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.