Advice at 1 Million Miles
03-07-2019, (Subject: Advice at 1 Million Miles ) 
RE: Advice at 1 Million Miles
I didn't see anywhere that you had new main bearings rolled in. Thats a huge one if you haven't had that done. Also the head is get to the end of its life expectancy.

If you're gonna keep rolling with it, I'd get new main bearings rolled in immediately. Then within the next 100-200k miles (maybe further depending on constant professional oil analysis results) I'd have a vacation planned in Georgia to have Mr. Haggs shop do the overhaul on it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JKBowman
03-07-2019, (Subject: Advice at 1 Million Miles ) 
Thanks, Chamberpains. That sounds like info I can use.

The answer is that I haven't, but I'll bring it up when I visit the shop I mentioned in Lake City.

Don't know Mr. Haggs yet, but Georgia is close to home (Daytona, FL). I'll look into that, too.
replyreply
03-08-2019, (Subject: Advice at 1 Million Miles ) 
Just adding a final note:

Add "2885894: Cummins Decomposition Reactor" to the parts I've replaced. I think that's a first. They couldn't replace my leaking DEF doser without also replacing this.

Hit a big puddle of standing water near Detroit about a year ago. It tore a hose off the DEF doser and that's where that began.

Good news is that I'm out of the shop.

Thx again.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.