EGTs & Exh Gas Pressure
05-14-2016, (Subject: EGTs & Exh Gas Pressure ) 
EGTs & Exh Gas Pressure
I've de-mandated a truck today and all seems well. We loaded it up and drove around for a while & the owner says it's running smoother and nothing seems out of place. I'm just wondering what would be the maximum acceptable exhaust gas pressure readings and EGT's at the pyro probe in the exhaust (about 8" from turbo outlet) just to be sure. If anyone could shed some light on these that'd be awesome.

Cheers.
replyreply
RE: EGTs & Exh Gas Pressure
(05-14-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  I've de-mandated a truck today and all seems well. We loaded it up and drove around for a while & the owner says it's running smoother and nothing seems out of place. I'm just wondering what would be the maximum acceptable exhaust gas pressure readings and EGT's at the pyro probe in the exhaust (about 8" from turbo outlet) just to be sure. If anyone could shed some light on these that'd be awesome.

Cheers.

Depends on the truck. Is it a CM870, 871, 2250, 2350? what kind of truck? operation? etc.

What is the boost getting up to under full load torque?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It's a CM871 E (Aus), works locally as a truck and dog (tipper) weighing about 58tonne loaded. It spiked at 41psi but most of the time while under load it was between 32-36. We got 450C peak on the pyro gauge. This is with a 5 degree positive timing shift and he said he was driving it harder than he normally does.
replyreply
05-19-2016, (Subject: EGTs & Exh Gas Pressure ) 
not bad just don't go over 950F for any length of time.
replyreply
05-20-2016, (Subject: EGTs & Exh Gas Pressure ) 
Well this is funny but I noticed a substantial increase in fuel mileage as I also noticed my exhaust getting louder. I directly attribute the increase in fuel mileage to a problem in the muffler. The top of the muffler broke the weld and basically went for the most part straight stack. When I park my truck I can now get my turbo to cool down to almost 200 degrees....down from 300. We are doing an experiment and replacing the muffler with a straight stack for now to see what happens.
I was struggling to get 7mpg now I am easily getting that.
replyreply
Sounds like your muffler was plugged with soot.
replyreply
(05-20-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  Sounds like your muffler was plugged with soot.
Could be.....but I am getting better fuel mileage. I was getting a lotta soot in the oil too. I am willing to bet that is all changed now.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.